We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

on Link Created Event

I need to create know when a link creation is succefull and... have access to the new link instance information so that I can process it. As there isn''t any specific event for this, I would like to know how can I do it. I think it should be of great interest to have the events: -onCreatedSymbol(eventargs with access to the new symbol) -onDeletedsymbol(eventargs with access to the new symbol) -onCreatedLink(eventargs with access to the new link) -onDeletedLink(eventargs with access to the new link) -onCreatedImage(eventargs with access to the new image) ...etc... Thanks

2 Replies

JL Jose Luis Melo June 22, 2004 08:09 AM UTC

Ok... I discover that exists one event for the creation and deletion of link symbols. ConnectionsChangeComplete. >I need to create know when a link creation is succefull and... have access to the new link instance information so that I can process it. >As there isn''t any specific event for this, I would like to know how can I do it. >I think it should be of great interest to have the events: >-onCreatedSymbol(eventargs with access to the new symbol) >-onDeletedsymbol(eventargs with access to the new symbol) >-onCreatedLink(eventargs with access to the new link) >-onDeletedLink(eventargs with access to the new link) >-onCreatedImage(eventargs with access to the new image) ...etc... >Thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 22, 2004 12:09 PM UTC

Hi, The Diagram.Model.ChildrenChangeComplete event can be used for determining when a new node(Symbol, shape or link) has been added or removed from the diagram. The event''s Diagram.NodeCollection.EventArgs event argument provides information about the node and the ensuing operation such as addition or removal. Examining the event arg''s Node type will let you determine whether it is a Symbol, Shape or a Link that was added or removed. In the case of a Link however, this event is fired before the link connnections are made and you will not have access to it''s connecting symbols or whether the connection was successful. For this it is best that you retain your current handling of the Diagram.Model.ConnectionsChangeComplete event. I am sorry that you had to expend considerable time looking up this issue. We will go ahead and add these to our Diagram FAQ for easier refernece in the future, and also work on updating our documentation. Regards, Prakash Surendra Syncfusion, Inc

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon