We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

SfListBox OnChange Event - Not firing correctly

I created a simple page with a Dual List Box as found in the following example:  https://blazor.syncfusion.com/documentation/listbox/dual-listbox/

The issue I'm seeing is the ValueChanged event fires when items are selected in the List Box, not when the list of Values changes.  For example, when I move an item from the left List Box over to the right List Box, I expect the ValueChanged event to fire.  Instead, it only fires if I click on (select) one of the items in the List Box.

Am I using the wrong event?  Which event triggers when the underlying DataSource changes?  Is there a way to override the functionality of the move events found in the Dual List Box tool bar?

3 Replies 1 reply marked as answer

MV Madhan Venkateshan Syncfusion Team June 23, 2020 10:10 AM UTC

Hi David Krasicki, 

Good day to you. 

You can use ‘OnActionComplete’ event and it will be triggered when you move an item, please refer the below code snippets. 

<div id="listbox1"> 
    <h4>Group A</h4> 
    <SfListBox TValue="string[]" DataSource="@GroupA" Scope="#listbox" TItem="CountryCode"> 
        <ListBoxEvents TValue="string[]" OnActionComplete="OnActionComplete"></ListBoxEvents> 
        <ListBoxFieldSettings Text="Name"></ListBoxFieldSettings> 
        <ListBoxToolbarSettings Items="@Items"></ListBoxToolbarSettings> 
    </SfListBox> 
</div> 
<div id="listbox2"> 
    <h4>Group B</h4> 
    <SfListBox TValue="string[]" ID="listbox" DataSource="@GroupB" TItem="CountryCode"> 
        <ListBoxFieldSettings Text="Name"></ListBoxFieldSettings> 
    </SfListBox> 
</div> 

@code { 
    public string[] Items = new string[] { "moveUp", "moveDown", "moveTo", "moveFrom", "moveAllTo", "moveAllFrom" }; 
    public List<CountryCode> GroupA = new List<CountryCode> 
  { 
        new CountryCode{ Name = "Australia", Code = "AU" }, 
        new CountryCode{ Name = "Bermuda", Code = "BM" }, 
        …. 
    }; 

public List<CountryCode> GroupB = new List<CountryCode> 
  { 
        new CountryCode{ Name = "India", Code = "IN" }, 
        new CountryCode{ Name = "Italy", Code = "IT" }, 
        …. 
    }; 

public class CountryCode 
    { 
        public string Name { get; set; } 
        public string Code { get; set; } 
    } 

public void OnActionComplete(Syncfusion.Blazor.DropDowns.ActionCompleteEventArgs args) 
    { 
        if(args.EventName == "moveTo" || args.EventName == "moveUp") 
        { 
            // perform your operation 
        } 
    } 
} 

Regards, 
Madhan V 

Marked as answer

JG Jay Goodison October 22, 2020 08:32 AM UTC

Does OnActionComplete work when you use a template

SD Saranya Dhayalan Syncfusion Team October 22, 2020 10:50 AM UTC

Hi David,  
We have checked your reported query, In our current behavior OnActionComplete event is not  triggered when you move an item. We have confirmed that the issue is defect and logged a defect report for the same. The fix for this issue is estimated to be available in our upcoming patch release and appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Saranya D 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon