We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

SfDataGrid crashes app when user start to scroll the content. (18.1.0.57)

The latest build of Syncfusion Xamarin 18.1.0.57 crashes DataGrid when user start to scroll the DataGrid.

Exception Message is : Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at Xamarin.Forms.Platform.iOS.VisualElementTracker.UpdateClip () [0x00072] in D:\a\1\s\Xamarin.Forms.Platform.iOS\VisualElementTracker.cs:413 
  at Xamarin.Forms.Platform.iOS.VisualElementTracker.UpdateNativeControl () [0x0006c] in D:\a\1\s\Xamarin.Forms.Platform.iOS\VisualElementTracker.cs:386 
  at Xamarin.Forms.Platform.iOS.VisualElementTracker.HandlePropertyChanged (System.Object sender, System.ComponentModel.PropertyChangedEventArgs e) [0x00064] in D:\a\1\s\Xamarin.Forms.Platform.iOS\VisualElementTracker.cs:97 
  at (wrapper delegate-invoke) <Module>.invoke_void_object_PropertyChangedEventArgs(object,System.ComponentModel.PropertyChangedEventArgs)
  at Xamarin.Forms.BindableObject.OnPropertyChanged (System.String propertyName) [0x00000] in D:\a\1\s\Xamarin.Forms.Core\BindableObject.cs:229 
  at Xamarin.Forms.Element.OnPropertyChanged (System.String propertyName) [0x00000] in D:\a\1\s\Xamarin.Forms.Core\Element.cs:353 
  at Xamarin.Forms.BindableObject.SetValueActual (Xamarin.Forms.BindableProperty property, Xamarin.Forms.BindableObject+BindablePropertyContext context, System.Object value, System.Boolean currentlyApplying, Xamarin.Forms.Internals.SetValueFlags attributes, System.Boolean silent) [0x00114] in D:\a\1\s\Xamarin.Forms.Core\BindableObject.cs:461 
  at Xamarin.Forms.BindableObject.SetValueCore (Xamarin.Forms.BindableProperty property, System.Object value, Xamarin.Forms.Internals.SetValueFlags attributes, Xamarin.Forms.BindableObject+SetValuePrivateFlags privateAttributes) [0x00173] in D:\a\1\s\Xamarin.Forms.Core\BindableObject.cs:397 
  at Xamarin.Forms.BindableObject.SetValue (Xamarin.Forms.BindableProperty property, System.Object value, System.Boolean fromStyle, System.Boolean checkAccess) [0x00042] in D:\a\1\s\Xamarin.Forms.Core\BindableObject.cs:334 
  at Xamarin.Forms.BindableObject.SetValue (Xamarin.Forms.BindablePropertyKey propertyKey, System.Object value) [0x0000e] in D:\a\1\s\Xamarin.Forms.Core\BindableObject.cs:318 
  at Xamarin.Forms.VisualElement.set_X (System.Double value) [0x00000] in D:\a\1\s\Xamarin.Forms.Core\VisualElement.cs:463 
  at Xamarin.Forms.VisualElement.set_Bounds (Xamarin.Forms.Rectangle value) [0x00043] in D:\a\1\s\Xamarin.Forms.Core\VisualElement.cs:314 
  at Xamarin.Forms.VisualElement.Layout (Xamarin.Forms.Rectangle bounds) [0x00000] in D:\a\1\s\Xamarin.Forms.Core\VisualElement.cs:708 
  at Syncfusion.SfDataGrid.XForms.VirtualizingCellsControl.LayoutChildElements (Xamarin.Forms.Rectangle rect, Syncfusion.GridCommon.ScrollAxis.VisibleLineInfo line, System.Double y, System.Double height, System.Double width, Syncfusion.SfDataGrid.XForms.IColumnElement column, System.Double lineSize) [0x000e3] in <0527ff45cf0a4bb0bb765ffb7ea7f8b8>:0 
  at Syncfusion.SfDataGrid.XForms.VirtualizingCellsControl.LayoutItems (System.Double y, System.Double width, System.Double height) [0x0014a] in <0527ff45cf0a4bb0bb765ffb7ea7f8b8>:0 
  at Syncfusion.SfDataGrid.XForms.VirtualizingCellsControl.LayoutChildren (System.Double x, System.Double y, System.Double width, System.Double height) [0x00011] in <0527ff45cf0a4bb0bb765ffb7ea7f8b8>:0 
  at Xamarin.Forms.Layout.UpdateChildrenLayout () [0x00158] in D:\a\1\s\Xamarin.Forms.Core\Layout.cs:266 
  at Xamarin.Forms.Layout.OnSizeAllocated (System.Double width, System.Double height) [0x0000f] in D:\a\1\s\Xamarin.Forms.Core\Layout.cs:224 
  at Xamarin.Forms.VisualElement.SizeAllocated (System.Double width, System.Double height) [0x00000] in D:\a\1\s\Xamarin.Forms.Core\VisualElement.cs:812 
  at Xamarin.Forms.Layout.ForceLayout () [0x00000] in D:\a\1\s\Xamarin.Forms.Core\Layout.cs:125 
  at Syncfusion.SfDataGrid.XForms.VisualContainer.ArrangeRows () [0x00772] in <0527ff45cf0a4bb0bb765ffb7ea7f8b8>:0 
  at Syncfusion.SfDataGrid.XForms.VisualContainer.LayoutChildren (System.Double x, System.Double y, System.Double width, System.Double height) [0x00000] in <0527ff45cf0a4bb0bb765ffb7ea7f8b8>:0 
  at Xamarin.Forms.Layout.UpdateChildrenLayout () [0x00158] in D:\a\1\s\Xamarin.Forms.Core\Layout.cs:266 
  at Xamarin.Forms.Layout.OnSizeAllocated (System.Double width, System.Double height) [0x0000f] in D:\a\1\s\Xamarin.Forms.Core\Layout.cs:224 
  at Syncfusion.SfDataGrid.XForms.VisualContainer.OnSizeAllocated (System.Double width, System.Double height) [0x004c5] in <0527ff45cf0a4bb0bb765ffb7ea7f8b8>:0 
  at Xamarin.Forms.VisualElement.SizeAllocated (System.Double width, System.Double height) [0x00000] in D:\a\1\s\Xamarin.Forms.Core\VisualElement.cs:812 
  at Xamarin.Forms.Layout.ForceLayout () [0x00000] in D:\a\1\s\Xamarin.Forms.Core\Layout.cs:125 
  at Syncfusion.SfDataGrid.XForms.VisualContainer.ExtendedScrollView_Scrolled (System.Object sender, Xamarin.Forms.ScrolledEventArgs e) [0x0003a] in <0527ff45cf0a4bb0bb765ffb7ea7f8b8>:0 
  at Xamarin.Forms.ScrollView.SetScrolledPosition (System.Double x, System.Double y) [0x00021] in D:\a\1\s\Xamarin.Forms.Core\ScrollView.cs:88 
  at Xamarin.Forms.Platform.iOS.ScrollViewRenderer.UpdateScrollPosition () [0x00008] in D:\a\1\s\Xamarin.Forms.Platform.iOS\Renderers\ScrollViewRenderer.cs:319 
  at Xamarin.Forms.Platform.iOS.ScrollViewRenderer.HandleScrolled (System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in D:\a\1\s\Xamarin.Forms.Platform.iOS\Renderers\ScrollViewRenderer.cs:246 
  at UIKit.UIScrollView+_UIScrollViewDelegate.Scrolled (UIKit.UIScrollView scrollView) [0x0000a] in /Library/Frameworks/Xamarin.iOS.framework/Versions/13.18.2.1/src/Xamarin.iOS/UIScrollView.g.cs:1633 
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at (wrapper managed-to-native) UIKit.UIApplication.UIApplicationMain(int,string[],intptr,intptr)
  at UIKit.UIApplication.Main (System.String[] args, System.IntPtr principal, System.IntPtr delegate) [0x00005] in /Library/Frameworks/Xamarin.iOS.framework/Versions/13.18.2.1/src/Xamarin.iOS/UIKit/UIApplication.cs:86 
  at UIKit.UIApplication.Main (System.String[] args, System.String principalClassName, System.String delegateClassName) [0x0000e] in /Library/Frameworks/Xamarin.iOS.framework/Versions/13.18.2.1/src/Xamarin.iOS/UIKit/UIApplication.cs:65 
  at Phoebus.iOS.Application.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00001] in /Users/tung/Projects/Phoebus/Phoebus.iOS/Main.cs:17 

8 Replies 1 reply marked as answer

PK Pradeep Kumar Balakrishnan Syncfusion Team June 22, 2020 10:32 AM UTC

HI Tung 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We have checked the reported issue “Application crashes with latest build of Syncfusion Xamarin 18.1.0.57 DataGrid” in Xamarin forms IOS. After analysis, we have found that this issue is not related to our library and it is happening in Xamarin forms version 4.7. Same issue is already logged in Xamarin framework.  

You can track the status of the issue report by the following link.  

We suggest you to downgrade the Xamarin Forms version in your application until reported frame work issue is resolved. 

Regards, 
Pradeep Kumar B

Marked as answer

TU Tung June 22, 2020 12:45 PM UTC

Thank you the the promptly support. I will downgrade XF as you recommended.

PK Pradeep Kumar Balakrishnan Syncfusion Team June 22, 2020 05:34 PM UTC

Hi Tung, 

Thank you for the update and let us know if you need any further assistance on this in future. 

Regards, 
Pradeep Kumar B 

CH Charles June 27, 2020 01:15 AM UTC

I am having the same issue with a app that was working fine about a week ago... suddenly it began crashing if I touched and tried to scroll vertically the sfdatagrid content.  After spending two days trying to isolate the issue I found that it only happens if the grid has more rows than will display on the simulator screen.  I finally found this page and tried to downgrade my Xamarin.forms to a version when I knew that the app was working but so for I have not been able to stop the app from crashing.  

Perhaps some other Nuget components need to also be downgraded to resolve the issue.  Any suggestions on what other components might be related to the sfdatagrid/xamarin.forms that might need to be downgraded ... my sfdatagrid version is 18.1.0.59.  I downgrade my Xamarin.forms all the way back to 4.6.0.800 and the grid still crashes the app with NullException as soon as I try to scroll a grid with rows beyond the screen limit on an IOS 13.5 iPhone 8 simulator 

CH Charles June 27, 2020 02:21 AM UTC

I just discovered that Xamarin.forms Nuget was also installed under the IOS section and still at the latest version 4.6.0.859.  After I removed it, the 4.6.0.847 version appears to have resolved the crashing issue I was having scrolling the results of my sfdatagrid.  Therefore it appears that Xamarin.forms version 4.6.0.859 does cause an app to crash when scrolling the results of a sfdatagrid with more rolls than will fit on a screen.

MA Markus June 28, 2020 11:39 AM UTC

Hallo,

I had also the same issue. I resolved it, after downgrad to Version 4.6.0.967

Regards,

Markus

PK Pradeep Kumar Balakrishnan Syncfusion Team June 29, 2020 09:33 AM UTC

Hi Markus, 

Thank you for your valuable information. 

Regards, 
Pradeep Kumar B 

PK Pradeep Kumar Balakrishnan Syncfusion Team June 29, 2020 09:37 AM UTC

Hi Charles,  

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We suspect crash issue is happened after downgrading Xamarin forms version is due to Bin/ Obj referenence error. Please change the Xamarin forms version to 4.6.0.967 and check your application. If you still facing issue after downgrading Xamarin forms version. Please share Call stack detail of exception to validate the issue from our side. 
Regards, 
Pradeep Kumar B

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon