We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Chart not showing columns in ActiveReports

I am evaluating Essential Charts as the charting control for ActiveReports. I have a chartcontrol which works fine when I create a chart in a windows form, but does not when I use the same code to create a chart in an ActiveReport. The ActiveReport chartcontrol does not show the columns. It does show the chart title, the x axis title and the number of x axis elements increases with the number of items in the series, but the columns themselves do not show. Is this a problem with ActiveReports, Essential Charts or with my code. I am enclosing the whole of the chart creation code below. Hopefully you can point out my error. Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Chart.ChartControl cc = ((Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Chart.ChartControl)CustomControl1.Control); cc.Model.ColorModel.Palette = ChartColorPalette.Pastel; cc.PrimaryXAxis.Title = "Resource Labor Costs"; cc.PrimaryYAxis.Title = "Hours Worked"; ChartSeries Series = cc.Model.NewSeries ( "Resource Costs ", ChartSeriesType.Column ); for ( int j = 0; j < 20; j++ ) { Series.Points.Add ( Convert.ToDouble ( j ), Convert.ToDouble ( j + 1 ) ); } Series.Style.DisplayText = false; Series.Style.DisplayShadow = true; Series.Style.Symbol.Shape = ChartSymbolShape.Square; Series.Style.Symbol.Size = new Size ( 15, 15 ); Series.Style.Symbol.Color = Color.Blue; Series.Style.Border.Color = Color.FromArgb(100, Color.BlueViolet); Series.Style.Border.DashStyle = DashStyle.DashDotDot; cc.Series.Add(Series); cc.LegendPosition = ChartLegendPosition.Top; cc.PrimaryXAxis.DrawGrid = false; cc.PrimaryYAxis.DrawGrid = false;

1 Reply

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team June 21, 2004 06:01 PM UTC

Hi, Thank you for choosing Syncfusion. Essential Chart and several other custom controls are not displayed properly within ActiveReports. However, ActiveReports provides a work around to this problem by using a Picture control and setting the Image property of the Picture control with a image of the Custom control. Essential Chart supports drawing to a image and can be easily used in ActiveReports using this work around. Please see the sample linked to below for an example: http://www.syncfusion.com/support/user/Uploads/EssentialChartActiveReports_2860.zip Regards, Davis

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon