We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Hierarchichal Grid - Tree Lines

Hi, I using a hierarchical GDBG. When I click the plus symbol of a parent row to display the child rows, is it possible to get the grid draw the tree hierarchy lines to aid understanding? How would I achieve this? eg SPORT NAME ----------------- FOOTBALL | -------Chris | -------Dan

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 21, 2004 03:29 PM UTC

There is no support in the GridDataBoundGrid for this, so you would have to do it yourself. It is not going to be simple as the drawing has to be done cell by cell. You can take a look at the grid\samples\in depth\virttreegrid for one example of minimal treelines.

CD Chris Dugdale July 5, 2004 02:27 PM UTC

Are their any plans to include this functionality in the product? If so, is there a planned version or date? I''ve read several posts from people on this forum indicating they would like something along these lines. Cheers Chris

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 6, 2004 11:50 AM UTC

Here is a first pass at a custom cell control derived from the current expandgrid expandcell. The derived class draws treelines and indents the text in the first column. Maybe this will serve your needs. GDBGTreeLines_6792.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon