We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Horizontal & Vertical Scroll Bars, FilterBar and some general Queries

Hi, 1. On form load the horizontal scroll bars are not constant, sometimes they are moving to right most or somtimes left most or even sometimes scroll bars itself are not appearing on the GDBG even they are some coulmns yet to display onto the grid. How to control this behaviour. 2. In the filterbar,the value members are replaced with display members but while performing the filter action especially custom filtering, it is not filtering the data,it is giving an error. As it is understood that integers (value members) cannot be filtered like strings(display members)i mean "LIKE" operator cannot be used for integers. How to solve this problem. 3. If the custom filter option is selected and after filtering one column, if the user goes to another column, the previous filter cell retaining the string custom, how to clear the previous filter cell before filtering onto another column. 4. Is there any way to restrict the filter options to NONE and CUSTOM only 5. How to highlight or change color of any row in GDBG. 6. How to create the Multi-Headers in GDBG. If Multi-Headers are created in GDBG, is this multiheader treated as single consolidated row or row per header. pls. suggest remedies for the above problems. Thanks & Regards, logicengineer.

5 Replies

UK Umesh Kumar June 18, 2004 05:49 PM UTC

Hi, I forgot to add one more point to point#:2, it is observed that in the custom filter dialog, the mapped member is displayed in the filter dialog. Is there any way for in syncfusion grid to change this mapped member display to display as per ones requirement. for example: while creating the column, if the mapped member is defined as XYZ, then this XYZ is coming in the custom filter dialog. How to change this XYZ to someother display say ABC. Thanks in advance, logicengineer. >Hi, > >1. >On form load the horizontal scroll bars are not constant, sometimes they are moving to right most or somtimes left most or even sometimes scroll bars itself are not appearing on the GDBG even they are some coulmns yet to display onto the grid. >How to control this behaviour. > >2. >In the filterbar,the value members are replaced with display members but while performing the filter action especially custom filtering, it is not filtering the data,it is giving an error. >As it is understood that integers (value members) cannot be filtered like strings(display members)i mean "LIKE" operator cannot be used for integers. >How to solve this problem. > >3. >If the custom filter option is selected and after filtering one column, if the user goes to another column, the previous filter cell retaining the string custom, how to clear the previous filter cell before filtering onto another column. > >4. >Is there any way to restrict the filter options to NONE and CUSTOM only > >5. >How to highlight or change color of any row in GDBG. > >6. >How to create the Multi-Headers in GDBG. >If Multi-Headers are created in GDBG, is this multiheader treated as single consolidated row or row per header. > >pls. suggest remedies for the above problems. > >Thanks & Regards, >logicengineer. > >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 18, 2004 08:25 PM UTC

1) What version of our library are you using? Is it the 2.0.x version or some earlier 1.6x version. There were problems like this in 1.6x, but we think they have been corrected in 2.0x. Can you provide a sample project showing this problem? 2)If you want to use LIKE with an integer type, then you will have to use the Convert function to convert the integer to a System.String. Convert([OrderId], ''System.String'') Like ''1025*'' This should pick out OrderId''s that start with 1025. 3) You can handle the GridFilterBarTextChanged event, and clear the cell tags at that point. Dim col As Integer For col = 1 To Me.gridDataBoundGrid1.Model.ColCount If col <> Me.gridDataBoundGrid1.CurrentCell.ColIndex Then Me.gridDataBoundGrid1(1, col).Text = "" Me.gridDataBoundGrid1(1, col).Tag = "" End If Next 4) You can handle CurrentCellShowingDropDown and replace the list at that point.
Private Sub grid_CurrentCellShowingDrop(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As GridCurrentCellShowingDropDownEventArgs)
        Dim cc As GridCurrentCell = Me.gridDataBoundGrid1.CurrentCell
        If cc.RowIndex = 1 Then
            Dim cr As GridComboBoxCellRenderer = cc.Renderer
            Dim choices As String() = New String() {"(none)", "(custom)"}
            cr.ListBoxPart.DataSource = choices

End If
End Sub
5) Here is a KB link on this. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/article.aspx?id=561 6) Each header is a treated as a row in the grid. If you have 2 header rows, then they are number grid row 0 and grid row 1 with the first row of data being grid row 2.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 18, 2004 08:43 PM UTC

This is not supported currently. It is on our request list.

UK Umesh Kumar June 25, 2004 04:11 PM UTC

Hi, In the filter bar,where to call the GridFilterBarTextChanged event. Is it a public event. pls. throw some on this aspect. Thanks & Regards, logicengineer. >This is not supported currently. It is on our request list.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 25, 2004 08:34 PM UTC

You normally do not call the event. Instead you subscribe to it to know when the Filter has changed. The GridFilterBar class will call the event when it changes the filter. You subscribe to the event to be notified the filter has changed.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon