We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Filterbar

Hi, I am evaluating your grid. The GridDataBoundGrid is my main focus. I like a lot of what I see so far. There is one thing that is a must for me. That is a filter bar similar to the one that componentOne implements. So I have tried to implement one using techniques similar to the GDBMultiHeader example, making an extra non scrolling row with GridStyleInfo’s having CellTypes of “TextBox”. This probably would work except for when the RowFilter property of the underlying DataView is change and thus filtered the GridDataBoundGrid ends the edit and resets the current cell. This is what you would normally expect and want to happen if the current cell were located in one of the data bound cells of the grid instead of a cell located in a non scrolling row. Any suggestions? One other thing, I have used DataGrids with row footers. Not a real big feature for me, but sometimes useful for displaying totals. There doesn’t seem to be a way to implement this feature for a GridDataBoundGrid. Sincerely, Toby Altman Lemont Editions

3 Replies

AN Anonymous November 11, 2002 01:39 PM UTC

Version 1.5 of Essential Grid which was released last Friday has a FilterBar in it. The evaluation version is still 1.1, but it should be updated to the 1.5 code base in the next day or two.

TA Toby Altman November 17, 2002 09:56 PM UTC

The filterbar was not exactly what I was looking for. Howeverer the Lock and Unlock methodes and the IsLocked property of the current cell fit the bill. Thus I can make my own. Sincerly, Toby Altman

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 18, 2002 05:52 PM UTC

> The filterbar was not exactly what I was looking for. Howeverer the Lock and Unlock methodes and the IsLocked property of the current cell fit the bill. Thus I can make my own. > Sincerly, > Toby Altman > Glad you found out about the Lock and Unlock methods. Regarding the footer cells. This is planned for a future release but we don't have concrete plans yet when we will implement that. Sometime in the next few months. Stefan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon