We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

License.licx Problem...

Hi, I''m using Thinstall to package my application, and we are running into problems. It keeps saying the following: An unhandled exception of type ''System.ComponentModel.LicenseException'' occurred in system.dll Additional information: A valid license cannot be granted for the type Syncfusion.ExcelRW.ExcelRWConfig. Contact the manufacturer of the component for more information. How do I correct this issue? Thanks

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 17, 2004 08:56 PM UTC

Hi Andy Which version of Essential Suite are you currently using? There was an issue with licensing information not getting properly embedded for Essential ExcelRW and Essential Grouping in the 2.0.5.0 version. This was fixed in version 2.0.5.1 which is available for download via Direct-Trac. Can you take a look and update us on this issue. Regards Arun

EK Ed Kennard July 2, 2004 09:33 AM UTC

I have run into the same issue but with Tools instead. I''m using version 2.0.5.1. An unhandled exception of type ''System.ComponentModel.LicenseException'' occurred in system.dll Additional information: A valid license cannot be granted for the type Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.ToolsComp. Contact the manufacturer of the component for more information. Please advise. Thanks, Ed

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 2, 2004 10:47 AM UTC

Hi Ed We have updated the support incident (12171) you have created in Direct Trac. Kindly update the incident if you have any further questions on this issue. Regards Arun

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 11, 2005 05:12 PM UTC

Could someone please provide a link to incident 12171? I''m having the same problem and would like to read up on the fix, but cannot find it via Direct-Trac. Regards, Bill Rakocy >Hi Ed > >We have updated the support incident (12171) you have created in Direct Trac. > >Kindly update the incident if you have any further questions on this issue. > >Regards >Arun

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 11, 2005 08:00 PM UTC

Hi Bill, In that incident, the customer was asked to refer to this Knowledgebase article: http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/studio/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=19 For deploying applications using Syncfusion: 1) You need to ensure that you have updated the references as noted in the Migrating existing projects from earlier versions of Essential Suite in the Getting Started Guide. 2) You also need to have proper licenses.licx file included as an embedded resource in your project. so: a) Ensure that the licenses.licx file is included as an embedded resource. b) Ensure that your application is indeed compiled with the proper licenses.licx file. You could use Reflector to check your application as demonstrated in this screenshot. The Important Redistribution Information document (Start->Programs->Syncfusion-> Important Redistribution Information) explains all the assemblies that need to shipped when deploying applications using Essential Suite. Regards Arun

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon