We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

file open failure

Exception: An unhandled exception of type ''System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException'' occurred in mscorlib.dll Additional information: Index and length must refer to a location within the string. I have checked and the excel file does not have filtering turned on. Also File path is valid and the file opens in excel without problems. Could you let me know why this exception is occuring. _excelEngine = new ExcelEngine(); IApplication application = _excelEngine.Excel; Workbook = _excelEngine.Excel.Workbooks.Open(FilePath); fails on last line Registered version 2.0.5.1 and VS2003 Thanks Vin

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 16, 2004 08:21 PM UTC

I have attached the sample zip file, for you to recreate the problem sample_3886.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 17, 2004 12:54 AM UTC

Hi, Thank you for your interest in Essential ExcelRW. I was able to reproduce the problem using the latest internal build. So I have already reported the issue to the development team and will update you as soon as I have more information. Sorry for the inconvenience. Best regards, Stephen. >I have attached the sample zip file, for you to recreate the problem > >sample_3886.zip > >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 18, 2004 11:20 AM UTC

Hi Vinod, This issue has been fixed internally and an updated build will be available later in the afternoon. Thank you for your co-operation. Best regards, Stephen. >Hi, > >Thank you for your interest in Essential ExcelRW. > >I was able to reproduce the problem using the latest internal build. So I have already reported the issue to the development team and will update you as soon as I have more information. Sorry for the inconvenience. > >Best regards, > >Stephen. > >>I have attached the sample zip file, for you to recreate the problem >> >>sample_3886.zip >> >>

GO Gulshan Oshan June 25, 2004 03:12 PM UTC

When do you plan to have this fix in the evaluation download? This is a serious flaw! Is there a known cause? string fileName = "test.xls"; IWorkbook workBook = ExcelUtils.Open(fileName); workBook.Close(); excel file attached. Exception as reported in debug mode by VS.NET --------------------------------------------- "An unhandled exception of type ''System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException'' occurred in syncfusion.excelrw.dll Additional information: Index can not be zero less and larger then Palette colors array size." >Hi Vinod, > >This issue has been fixed internally and an updated build will be available later in the afternoon. Thank you for your co-operation. > >Best regards, > >Stephen. > >>Hi, >> >>Thank you for your interest in Essential ExcelRW. >> >>I was able to reproduce the problem using the latest internal build. So I have already reported the issue to the development team and will update you as soon as I have more information. Sorry for the inconvenience. >> >>Best regards, >> >>Stephen. >> >>>I have attached the sample zip file, for you to recreate the problem >>> >>>sample_3886.zip >>> >>> test_4913.zip test_6738.zip

RR Rakesh Rao August 12, 2004 05:01 AM UTC

Hi Stephen, From where can I download this fix? Rakesh >Hi Vinod, > >This issue has been fixed internally and an updated build will be available later in the afternoon. Thank you for your co-operation. > >Best regards, > >Stephen. > >>Hi, >> >>Thank you for your interest in Essential ExcelRW. >> >>I was able to reproduce the problem using the latest internal build. So I have already reported the issue to the development team and will update you as soon as I have more information. Sorry for the inconvenience. >> >>Best regards, >> >>Stephen. >> >>>I have attached the sample zip file, for you to recreate the problem >>> >>>sample_3886.zip >>> >>>

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 12, 2004 11:14 AM UTC

Hi Rakesh, The evaluation version with the fix will most likely be updated today. This version has a number of new features and much better performance than 2.0.5.1[The version that is currently available for download]. I will update this thread with download information when the new version becomes available. Thank you for your co-operation. Best regards, Stephen. Best regards, Stephen. >Hi Stephen, >From where can I download this fix? > >Rakesh > >>Hi Vinod, >> >>This issue has been fixed internally and an updated build will be available later in the afternoon. Thank you for your co-operation. >> >>Best regards, >> >>Stephen. >> >>>Hi, >>> >>>Thank you for your interest in Essential ExcelRW. >>> >>>I was able to reproduce the problem using the latest internal build. So I have already reported the issue to the development team and will update you as soon as I have more information. Sorry for the inconvenience. >>> >>>Best regards, >>> >>>Stephen. >>> >>>>I have attached the sample zip file, for you to recreate the problem >>>> >>>>sample_3886.zip >>>> >>>>

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon