We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

XPMenus - Toolbar ordering

I have 4 Toolbars (XPMenus.Bar) on a child MDI form - they are (with their associated MergeOrder) : - Standard (0) - TextEdit (1) - Party (2) - Event (3) I would have expected the toolbars to be rendered in this order, but instead Party & Event are switched. Is there something else that controls this?

3 Replies

LS Lori S. Pearsall June 16, 2004 11:57 PM UTC

Please help - I''ve tried everything! I''ve set AutoLoadToolBarPositions to false thinking that I had the wrong order persisted on my machine, but that didn''t make a difference. >I have 4 Toolbars (XPMenus.Bar) on a child MDI form - they are (with their associated MergeOrder) : > >- Standard (0) >- TextEdit (1) >- Party (2) >- Event (3) > >I would have expected the toolbars to be rendered in this order, but instead Party & Event are switched. Is there something else that controls this?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 17, 2004 12:24 PM UTC

Hi Lori a. The order of the ToolBars is based on the order it was created in the MainFramBarManager and then the ChildFrameBarManager. So in the MainFrameBarManager if the order was ToolBar2, ToolBar1, ToolBar3 and ToolBar4, and in the ChildFrameBarManager the order is ToolBar1, ToolBar2, ToolBar3 and ToolBar4 the order of merged ToolBars will be: ToolBar2, ToolBar1, ToolBar3 and ToolBar4. b. The ToolBars in the ChildFrameBarManager do not have any position information during Design time and hence they will float and the merging is done as explained above. c. The MergeOrder affects the ordering of the menu items in the merged ToolBars and it has no affect on the order of the ToolBars. I hope this gives you a better understanding of what is happening. Is the behavior of your application consistent with the above explanation? Regards Arun

LS Lori S. Pearsall June 17, 2004 02:07 PM UTC

Yes it does, thanks for clearing things up!

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon