We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Composite Symbol Problem

Hi, I have created several composite symbols that reflect the look of reporting objects. Common to these objects is a light grey rectangle background. On top of the background other objects (lines, rectangles, text etc) are rendered to make up the symbol''s look. Now I am handling the double-click event of the Diagram/Model objects. When I double click on either of my symbols, the event gets triggered twice. I have debugged the code and found out that the event handling code in Controller.cs correctly determines two (minimum) nodes for the mouse double click. My composite symbol and (at least) the background rectangle. Question is: I did not find a way to tell the object model to ignore the child nodes of a composite symbol (node). I only want to deal with the symbol as a whole. I can, of course, restrict my double click handler on the type of node being reported thus effectivley filtering the events, but I guess it would be cleaner to have the ability to tell nodes whether to report back to the event dispatching mechanism or not. Any help/hint/fix would be appreciated Regards Kai Iske

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 17, 2004 11:30 AM UTC

Kai, The current version of Essential Diagram does not provide a way to exclude nodes from being notified of mouse click events. I have logged this as a feature request and we will try to implement such functionality in a future update of the product. In the meantime, you will have to resort to your suggested approach of checking the event argument''s NodeEventArgs.Node member to determine whether the node is the parent ''Symbol'' type or one of the child non-Symbol types. Regards, Prakash Syncfusion, Inc

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon