We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Docking Manager Empty Space on Form

In my SDI form using the docking manager, after all the controls are docked, there is a piece of form real estate that the DM seems own that prevents the control that was last docked from filling the entire space. I''ve uploaded a picture of this with a rectangle drawn around it. In this picture, all the docked controls are panels with other controls on them. At the bottom you see this rectangular space to which the bottom of the Item Detail panel is docked. The border between the two can be dragged down till the rectangle is about 6 or 8 pixels wide. However, I would like the Item Details panel lower border to dock to the outside of the form. I should also note that this space could exist between any of the controls and/or borders of the form, depending on how you dock the controls. Can this be done? Thanks, Kenton Kenton_Hensely_DockingMangerSDISpace_784.zip

7 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 17, 2004 04:13 AM UTC

Hi Kenton, Sorry for the delay in responding. Could you please open a Direc Trac incident in this regard. A Direc Trac incident would guarantee you much faster replies. Also , if possible could you send a sample application where this problem could be seen. It would greatly help us in suggesting a solution. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks. Best regards, Stephen. >In my SDI form using the docking manager, after all the controls are docked, there is a piece of form real estate that the DM seems own that prevents the control that was last docked from filling the entire space. I''ve uploaded a picture of this with a rectangle drawn around it. > >In this picture, all the docked controls are panels with other controls on them. At the bottom you see this rectangular space to which the bottom of the Item Detail panel is docked. The border between the two can be dragged down till the rectangle is about 6 or 8 pixels wide. However, I would like the Item Details panel lower border to dock to the outside of the form. I should also note that this space could exist between any of the controls and/or borders of the form, depending on how you dock the controls. > >Can this be done? > >Thanks, >Kenton > >Kenton_Hensely_DockingMangerSDISpace_784.zip > >

KH Kenton Hensley June 22, 2004 02:51 PM UTC

Thank you for the response. I will put a sample together when my deadline has passed and get it in Direct Trac. --Kenton

SB Sandra Boyden August 26, 2004 07:59 PM UTC

I''m having the same issue, and it tends to occur just where yours does - in the middle bottom. I have 2 docking panels, one above the other, and the bottom one won''t fill the entire space, it leaves the empty space. Syncfusion - any suggestions? >Thank you for the response. > >I will put a sample together when my deadline has passed and get it in Direct Trac. > >--Kenton

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 27, 2004 11:53 AM UTC

Hi Sandra, Please refer to the attached word document with the screenshots .In the sample the empty space occurs when you dock panel2 and three to the top/bottom of the form. Please follow the steps mentioned below to avoid the empty space without using the DockToFill mode. Please refer to the screenshots and explanation in this word document ScreenShots Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks. Best regards, Stephen. >I''m having the same issue, and it tends to occur just where yours does - in the middle bottom. > >I have 2 docking panels, one above the other, and the bottom one won''t fill the entire space, it leaves the empty space. > >Syncfusion - any suggestions? > >>Thank you for the response. >> >>I will put a sample together when my deadline has passed and get it in Direct Trac. >> >>--Kenton

BR Bryan Roberts December 7, 2015 07:28 PM UTC

I am having the same issue and cannot see the attached word document. Can you please re-upload it or send it to me somehow. 

Thanks,
Bryan

ST Saravanan T Syncfusion Team December 9, 2015 04:00 AM UTC

Hi Bryan,

Thank you for your update.

We are currently working on your query. We will get back to you with details on December 10th, 2015.

Thanks,
Saravanan T

ST Saravanan T Syncfusion Team December 10, 2015 10:01 AM UTC

Hi Bryan,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Currently, the document is unavailable with our server. Could you please confirm whether the reported requirement is to fill the docked controls without empty space? if so, you can achieve it by enabling the property named “DockToFill” in DockingManager. Please check the following code example.

Code Example [C#]:

//Enables the DockToFill property.
this.dockingManager1.DockToFill = true;

Additionally, address the below queries. It would be helpful to provide you a better solution accordingly.

1)     Please confirm what kind of issues are you facing in your application?
2)     If possible, share us the sample or video that demonstrate reported issue.

Thanks,
Saravanan T

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon