We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Repeated grid[row,column].CellValue retrieval

I am getting an unusual, non-deterministic exception when retrieving large numbers of CellValues one after the other. The exception I get is a "Hashtable Load factor too high" exception, called from a Hashtable.insert somewhere in the syncfusion grid code. I am guessing that syncfusion uses hashtables to cache the indexed CellValues, and these hashtables are sometimes (non-deterministically) overloaded when I access too many different CellValues too quickly. Has anyone else had this problem? I have managed to program around the error at the moment (separately storing the data in a two dimensional array, but this does have a high memory overhead), but I would like for a way to pull an entire row of cellvalues out of the table at a time, instead of accessing individual cells. Alternatively, if there was a way of accessing cell values without causing them to be cached, it would be handy to know what it is.

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 13, 2004 10:49 PM UTC

Using an indexer to retrieve grid[row, col].CellValue triggers events (like QueryCellInfo). If this is a GridControl where the data is stored in the grid, you can avoid triggerring these events (which slow things down) by accessing the GridData directly.
GridStyleInfo style;
GridStyleInfoStore store = grid.Data[rowIndex, colIndex];
if (store != null)
	style = new GridStyleInfo(store);
else
	style = new GridStyleInfo();

object cellValue = style.CellValue;

PA paul June 28, 2004 05:14 PM UTC

Thankyou.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon