We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to get grid display numbers without grouping and same format to be exported to excel in Angular Grid

Hi,

I have set the format of column as 'N2'.

In my grid numbers show with grouping as "123,456,123" and during excel export as "123456123".

How to get grid display numbers without grouping i.e. "123456123" and same format to be exported to excel.

1 Reply

PK Prasanna Kumar Viswanathan Syncfusion Team February 14, 2020 01:04 PM UTC

Hi Sandip, 

Greetings from Syncfusion. 

Query: How to get grid display numbers without grouping i.e. "123456123" and same format to be exported to excel. 

We have validated your query and you want to display the number column as without formatting in Grid and also while exporting. You can achieve your requirement by using queryCellInfo, excelQueryCellInfo events. Find the below code snippets and sample for your reference. 

<div class="control-section"> 
    <ejs-grid #grid [dataSource]='data' allowPaging='true' [pageSettings]='pageSettings' [toolbar]='toolbar' (toolbarClick)='toolbarClick($event)' 
                [allowExcelExport]='true' [allowPdfExport]='true' (queryCellInfo)='queryCellInfo($event)' (excelQueryCellInfo)='excelQueryCellInfo($event)' (beforeExcelExport)='beforeExcelExport($event)' (excelExportComplete)='excelExportComplete($event)'> 
        <e-columns> 
            <e-column field='OrderID' headerText='Order ID' width='120' textAlign='Right' isPrimaryKey='true'></e-column> 
            <e-column field='OrderDate' headerText='Order Date' width='130' format="yMd" textAlign='Right'></e-column> 
            <e-column field='CustomerID' headerText='Customer ID' width='120'></e-column> 
            <e-column field='Freight' headerText='Freight' [allowGrouping]="false" width='120' format='N2' textAlign='Right'></e-column>             
            <e-column field='ShipCountry' headerText='Ship Country' width='150'></e-column> 
        </e-columns> 
    </ejs-grid> 
</div> 

. . . 
export class AppComponent { 
    . . . 

queryCellInfo(args: any): void { 
      if(args.column.field === 'Freight') {    //checked column 
        var arr = args.cell.innerHTML.split('.');    //split using '.' 
        var val =""; 
        for(var i: number = 0; i < arr.length; i++) { 
          val += arr[i];      //concatenate the values 
        } 
        var lVal = Number(val);    //convert to number 
        args.cell.innerHTML = lVal;     //set value to cell 
      } 
    } 

beforeExcelExport(args: any): void { 
      args.gridObject.columns[3].format="N0";   //before exporting, changed the format 
    } 
    excelExportComplete(args: any): void { 
      (this.grid.columns[3]as any).format="N2"     //after exporting reset the format 
    } 

excelQueryCellInfo(args: any): void { 
      var sVal = String(args.data.Freight); 
      var arr = sVal.split('.'); 
      var val =""; 
      for(var i: number = 0; i < arr.length; i++) { 
          val += arr[i]; 
        } 
        var lVal = Number(val); 
        args.data.Freight = lVal; 
    } 
} 

Reference 

Please get back to us if you need further assistance. 

Regards, 
Prasanna Kumar N.S.V 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon