We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Customized RichText dropdown control

This is a toss-up as to whether it''s a grid or XPMenus question ... I have overridden GridRichTextBoxCellModel & GridRichTextBoxCellRenderer to present a custom user control in the dropdown to add text & highlight coloring - all works well. So, then I decided to switch from the standard Windows toolbar to an XPToolBar for a more consistent appearance. This doesn''t work well! Now, when I click on a toolbar button, the click event doesn''t fire. I set a breakpoint in DropDownContainerCloseDropDown and I''m getting a PopupCloseType of Deactivated. What am I missing? Thanks!

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 11, 2004 01:44 PM UTC

Hi Lori, If you are using a ParentBarItem on the XPToolBar whose ParentStyle is set to Default, then it will not generate a Click event. You should set the ParentBarItem''s ParentStyle to DropDown for this purpose. Please refer to the test sample that illustrates this and let me kow if this meets your requirements. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

LS Lori S. Pearsall June 11, 2004 03:12 PM UTC

Hi Guru, Since I''m actually dealing with a UserControl instead of a Form (control is added to a form (PopupHost) at run-time via a GridRenderer), I don''t have a MainFrameBarManager - I can''t use it on the design surface. I just have an XPToolBar much like the XPToolbarsandContextMenus sample. Thanks, Lori

LS Lori S. Pearsall June 12, 2004 02:37 PM UTC

Hi Guru, I''ve decided that I need to go another way. Instead of adding a custom user control to the dropdown form - I created my own form so that I could do a ShowDialog (make it modal). That seems to be the difference - clicking on an XPToolBar button in a non-modal form was deactivating the form. Thanks, Lori

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 14, 2004 12:01 PM UTC

Hi Lori, Thanks for the update. I assume this issue has now been resolved. Let me know if you need any other information. Thanks for considering Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon