We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

sidebar issues on chrome 80.

Hi SyncFusion Team,

The most recent version of chrome (v80) seems to break sidebar functionality (even though I'm using the latest version 17.4.47 of SyncFusion components).

My app uses two sidebars:
  • one on left (type='push')
  • one on right (type='over', position='right')
With chrome v80, the right sidebar accidentally floats inside (i.e. does not remain attached to right side). This happens when the e-main-content's width is increased beyond original width.

Please see attached gifs.
  • The firefox example works fine.
  • The chrome-80 example show weirds sidebar floating behavior.
The app is live, you can try this for yourself
  1. Open chrome v80
  2. Go to http://bit.ly/2uqDCZY and login with github/linkedin
  3. A new diagram will automatically be created.
  4. From the left sidebar (icon palette) click on any symbol and it'll be put on diagram canvas.
  5. Click on the zoom-in button (top right menu bar) 5 or 6 times till diagram width exceeds viewport width
  6. Ensure left sidebar is open
  7. Click on the newly loaded symbol on the canvas
  8. The properties window (right sidebar) floats in (instead of staying docked to the right side).
Please let me know if any additional details are needed from my side.

Thanks
-Mithun

Attachment: sidebarissues_6f848fc5.zip

3 Replies

SP Sowmiya Padmanaban Syncfusion Team February 10, 2020 12:14 PM UTC

Hi Mithun,  

Greetings from Syncfusion support. 

We have checked your attached chrome and Firefox video. We suspect the cause of closing of sidebar is due to the gestures in the Sidebar component. By default, when we click drag on the Sidebar will trigger close event of the sidebar. This functionality can be disabled in the Sidebar by setting enableGestures property as false.  

Refer the below KB for enableGesture property. 

By disabling this property, it works as expected. If the issue still persist in your end, can you please share the convenient timing for web meeting. We will help you to resolve your issue lively. 

Please let us know, if you need any further assistance on this. 

Regards,  
Sowmiya.P 

MI Mithun February 10, 2020 12:30 PM UTC

Hi Sowmiya,

Issue occurs even if 'enableGestures' is set to false.

Yes, we can do a web meeting to resolve this. 

I'm in office from 11:00 AM to 7:30 PM IST on most weekdays. 

You can schedule per your convenience (even today is fine). 

Thanks,
-Mithun 

PG Pon Geetha A J Syncfusion Team February 11, 2020 05:45 AM UTC

Hi Mithun, 

A support incident to track the status of this issue has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates http://www.syncfusion.com/Account/Logon?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac  . 

Regards, 
Geetha 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon