We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Event calling sequence

Can anybody tell me the event sequence of the syncfusion controls? If I have a control like the xpmenu and would like to apply my logic on a fully loaded menu (eg. enabling or disabling items, translating items etc.). Which would be the right event to do so. By now we are using the OnPaint together with a flag that remembers the execution of our logic. When using the applications under W2K we get some problems with the painting of the controls. All the Syncfusion-Controls and all forms containing some of them, are sometimes not painted correctly. Various parts of the controls are randomly invisible. I guess that the paint is not really the proper event to do such stuff. Regards, Alex

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 7, 2002 07:00 PM UTC

Alex, Translating items (for different languages?) should be done within your Form's constructor, since I suppose this will be done only once every app instantiation. Updating the menu item's properties (like Enabled, etc), can be done whenever an event occurs (except the Paint event, which is really a bad idea as it might cause recursive paints). You could also listen to the Application.Idle event and update the menu items, if necessary. Regards, Praveen Ramesh

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon