We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Combo box not updating value 17.4.0.46

Hello,
When using the combo box componet I am binding a value that is not being updated when typing in the field. The code is:
  <EjsComboBox AllowCustom=@true
                                     AllowFiltering=@true
                                     TValue="string"
                                     @bind-Value=@this.ReporterName
                                     DataSource=@this.GetReporters()
                                     Placeholder="Select an user">
                            <ComboBoxFieldSettings Text="Text" Value="Text" />
</EjsComboBox>  

The ReporterName property is not being updated                    

4 Replies

SP Sureshkumar P Syncfusion Team February 3, 2020 10:40 AM UTC

Hi Krasimir, 

We have validated your explained scenario. We confirmed this as a bug in our end. And the fix will be available this week patch release. Which is expected to be rolled out on February 5th, 2020. We appreciate your patience until then. 

You can track the status of the bug in the below feedback link from below.   

Regards, 
Sureshkumar P 

MA Matthew February 3, 2020 06:44 PM UTC

Hi Sureshkumar,

It seems this issue is also affecting other controls which implement the ValueChanged event. I have had the same issue with DropDownLists, NumericTextBox and a few other controls too. It also seems that calling StateHasChanged() seems to disable all further change events on a particular control. @bind-Value works first time only and only updates the underlying variable once. ValueChanged also has the same issue, so for my NumbericTextBox I tried ValueChange - see below. If you put a breakpoint on the "AssignmentID=...." line it will break every time. If you uncomment the StateHasChanged(); line, it will break the first time you change the value, but never again after that. As I stated earlier, this affects DropDownList and other controls as well.

<EjsNumericTextBox TValue="int?" Format="#" ShowSpinButton="false" Placeholder="Assignment ID" FloatLabelType="FloatLabelType.Always" Value="@AssignmentID">
    <NumericTextBoxEvents TValue="int?" ValueChange="AssignmentIDChanged" />
</EjsNumericTextBox>

@code
(
    public int? AssignmentID;

protected void AssignmentIDChanged(Syncfusion.EJ2.Blazor.Inputs.ChangeEventArgs args)
    {
        AssignmentID = (int?)(args.Value == 0 ? (double?)null : args.Value);
        //StateHasChanged();
    }
)

SP Sureshkumar P Syncfusion Team February 4, 2020 06:02 AM UTC

Hi Matthew, 
Thanks for your update. We are facing all the component in this issue. We are given high priority to fix this issue. As we said earlier, we will include this fix in our February 5th patch release. We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Sureshkumar P 

SP Sureshkumar P Syncfusion Team February 6, 2020 09:43 AM UTC

Thanks for the patience. 

We are glad to announce that our latest release in the version 17.4.47 has been rolled out successfully and in that release, we have included the “Two Way Binding Is Not Updating After First Selection”.  So, we suggest you upgrade our Syncfusion packages to our latest version to resolve this issue in your end. 

Scripts:  

Themes:  

Please find the release notes details from the below link. 

Regards,
Sureshkumar P

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon