We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on: June 24, 2019).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

PDF with grouped checkboxes - how to determine which one to check

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

151141 Jan 31,2020 10:30 PM UTC Feb 3,2020 10:58 AM UTC WinForms 1
Tags: PDF
Karla Franke
Asked On January 31, 2020 10:30 PM UTC

In my winform, I am opening a PDF with fields and trying to fill each field with the appropriate value.
The PDF has two checkboxes with the same field name 'check 2'.  One check box has the label 'Yes' and the 'No'.

The properties of the No check box:
     General tab  Name:'check 2'
     Options tab  Export Value 'no'

The properties of the Yes check box:
     General tab  Name:'check 2'
     Options tab  Export Value 'yes'

I have the two checkboxes defined as PdfLoadedCheckBoxItemCollection
I can't figure out how to determine which of the two PdfLoadedCheckBoxItem's in the list will export the value 'yes'.
I feel like I am so close but give up.

I couldn't attach my whole project so I included the pdf and project files, hoping you can see what I am doing.

Attachment: PdfClaimFillStuff_a1dab0c.zip

Prakash Viswanathan [Syncfusion]
Replied On February 3, 2020 10:58 AM UTC

Hi Karla, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.  

We have checked the provided document and code snippet. The check box field items in the provided document does not have any different dictionary properties in file level. So, we could not differentiate with properties. However, we have analyzed further in the document structure level, the check box item in the 0th (zero) index is No and the item in 1st index on the collect is Yes. Based on the index on the PdfLoadedCheckBoxItemCollection, you can determine which one is checked.   

Please find the screenshot of the check box items under the name “check 2”, it does not have any difference in dictionary properties.  

Please let me know if you need any further assistance on this.  

Regards, 
Prakash V 

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Please sign in to access our forum

This page will automatically be redirected to the sign-in page in 10 seconds.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

Live Chat Icon For mobile
Live Chat Icon