We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Ho w to get the label of the node in event

Hi,
Is there any event from which I can get the text of the node or something like on node click event?

5 Replies

SG Shyam G Syncfusion Team February 3, 2020 11:22 AM UTC

Hi Rakhi, 

Please use textEdit event which triggers once you edit the text and focus out of the text area. In this event, we get a new and the old text in the newValue and oldValue property respectively. Please refer to a help documentation, code example and the sample below. 

Code example: 
<ejs-diagram #diagram id="diagram" width="100%" height="700px    (textEdit)="textEdit($event)"
</ejs-diagram> 

textEdit(args:ITextEditEventArgs) { 
     //get a new text and old text 
     console.log(args.newValue); 
     console.log(args.oldValue); 

Regards, 
Shyam G 

RA RakhiS March 4, 2020 03:57 AM UTC

Thank, it worked for me but I am having following question to it that, can I get the id of the node on its selection?

SK Suganthi Karuppannan Syncfusion Team March 4, 2020 12:13 PM UTC

Hi Rakhi,   

The “selectionChange” event is triggered when the diagram elements gets selected /deselected. By using the event, you can able to get the information about which diagram element has been selected or deselected. Please refer to the below code snippet that shows how to get the selected items information from the selection change event.  

public selectionChange(args: ISelectionChangeEventArgs): void {  
    if(args.state == "Changing" && args.type == "Addition"){  
    // get id of selection node/connector  
      console.log(args.newValue[0].id);  
    }  
  }  

For more information about “SelectionChangeEventArgs” refer to the below documentation link.  

Please refer to the sample in the below link.  

Regards,  
Suganthi K. 

RA RakhiS March 5, 2020 04:52 AM UTC

Thanks, I am getting the id, but I also want to know if the connector is selected or node is selected, How I can find it?

SG Shyam G Syncfusion Team March 5, 2020 10:39 AM UTC

Hi Rakhi, 

You can use instanceof operator to check whether the selected object is a node or connector. Please refer to a code example and the sample below. 

public selectionChange(args: ISelectionChangeEventArgs): void { 
    if(args.state == "Changing" && args.type == "Addition"){ 
      // to find the selected object is a node 
      if(args.newValue[0] instanceof Node){ 
       console.log('node'); 
      }  
     // to find the selected object is a connector  
    if(args.newValue[0] instanceof Connector){ 
       console.log('connector'); 
      } 
    } 
  }