We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

SfBusyIndicator causes crash

Hello,

I have the occasional crash with my deployed Xamarin.Forms app. Unfortunatly I don't have a reliable way to reproduce, but it seems to be connected with the SfBusyIndicator. We do not use the SfBusyIndicator directly, but we set the IsBusy property of a SfListView.

This is the symbolicated stacktrace provided by Microsoft Appcenter:
Runtime.ThrowNSException (System.IntPtr ns_exception)
Runtime.throw_ns_exception (System.IntPtr exc)
(wrapper native-to-managed) ObjCRuntime.Runtime.throw_ns_exception(intptr)
(wrapper managed-to-native) ObjCRuntime.Messaging.objc_msgSend(intptr,intptr,CoreGraphics.CGRect)
UIView.set_Frame (CoreGraphics.CGRect value)
SfBusyIndicator.DrawHeaders ()
SfBusyIndicator.LayoutSubviews ()
(wrapper managed-to-native) UIKit.UIApplication.UIApplicationMain(int,string[],intptr,intptr)
UIApplication.Main (System.String[] args, System.IntPtr principal, System.IntPtr delegate)
UIApplication.Main (System.String[] args, System.String principalClassName, System.String delegateClassName)
Application.Main (System.String[] args)
(wrapper managed-to-native) ObjCRuntime.Messaging.objc_msgSend(intptr,intptr,CoreGraphics.CGRect)
UIView.set_Frame (CoreGraphics.CGRect value)
SfBusyIndicator.DrawHeaders ()
SfBusyIndicator.LayoutSubviews ()
(wrapper managed-to-native) UIKit.UIApplication.UIApplicationMain(int,string[],intptr,intptr)
UIApplication.Main (System.String[] args, System.IntPtr principal, System.IntPtr delegate)
UIApplication.Main (System.String[] args, System.String principalClassName, System.String delegateClassName)
Application.Main (System.String[] args)

iOS returns the following error:

SIGABRT: Objective-C exception thrown. Name: CALayerInvalidGeometry Reason: CALayer position contains NaN: [0 nan]. Layer: <_UILabelLayer:0x282e18780; position = CGPoint (0 0); bounds = CGRect (0 0; 0 0); delegate = <UILabel: 0x134b91850; frame = (0 0; 0 0); text = ''; userInteractionEnabled = NO; layer = <_UILabelLayer: 0x282e18780>>; allowsGroupOpacity = YES; contentsMultiplyColor = (null); rasterizationScale = 2; contentsScale = 2>
Unfortunatly, I don't know, where and when the error occurs. It seems to be not happening every time, because I have around 20 daily users but only 1-2 crashes every other day. I'm only guessing that it might be something with the SfBusyIndicator because of the symbolicated lines, but maybe I'm missing something somewhere else?

The most recent reports are from a version using Xamarin.Forms 4.3.0.947036 and Syncfusion 17.3.0.26. I don't have any newer version deployed yet.

4 Replies

HM Hemalatha Marikumar Syncfusion Team January 31, 2020 01:15 PM UTC

Hi Martin, 

Greetings from Syncfusion. 

We have analyzed the reported crash issue based on the provided stack trace. We have fixed that as per it. Please download the patch in below link 

Assemblies

(OR) 

Nuget

Assembly Version: 17.3.0.26 

Guidelines to use this patch

Before applying this, please clear the cache 

Please do as per in below link when configured with Nuget in your application 

Please let us know whether the provided patch resolves the reported issue or not. Based on your confirmation on fix only we can move this to our upcoming official release. 

Regards, 
Hemalatha M. 

MA Martin February 3, 2020 08:22 AM UTC

Hi Hemalatha,

thanks for the fix. Unfortunatly my dev environment and next RC is already updated to 17.4.0.43, so I can't test that patch. I also won't be able to confirm immediatly, if it is fixed. I can't reproduce it locally and even my deployed version doesn't produce that error often (not even daily). So it might be weeks before I can definitly confirm that it is fixed.

Is a patch for 17.4.0.43 possible?

thanks in advance
Martin

MA Martin February 7, 2020 02:29 PM UTC

Hi,

so I have now released the version and at least once the crash happened with 17.4.0.43. Unfortunatly my next planned release might be weeks. Is there any way to get a fix for this in a future weekly version without me being able to confirm immediatly, that it is fixed? As mentioned before it is happening not very often and i never were able to reproduce it inhouse.

thangs in advance
Martin

HM Hemalatha Marikumar Syncfusion Team February 10, 2020 09:02 AM UTC

Hi Martin, 

Thanks for your update. 

Query: Is there any way to get a fix for this in a future weekly version without me being able to confirm immediately 

Yes. As per your request, we have included this crash issue fix in our Weekly Nuget release which is going to be rolled out on February 11,2020 (Tomorrow). 

Please check that and let us know. 

Regards, 
Hemalatha M. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon