We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

SfDataGrid.AllowResizingColumn does not work on Samsung Galaxy Tab A T510

Hi,

I encountered the following problems with SfDataGrid.AllowResizingColumn  when using the SfDataGrid on different devices:

Device 1: HUAWEI MediaPad M5 lite 10       - Android 8.0 - works fine
Device 2: HUAWEI P30 lite                              - Android 9 - works fine
Device 3: Lenovo YogaTab 3 X50F                  - Android 6.0.1 - works fine
Device 4: Samsung Galaxy Tab A T510          - Android 9 - DOES NOT WORK

Only on my Samsung Device AllowResizingColumn  does not work. Also the Sorting-Arrow appears on the left of the cell instead on the right like on all others devices. This occurs to problems when using custom cells with icons on the left.

I attached 2 small ScreenRecords of the Huawei and Samsung Device.

Maybe you have some idea, why it does not work on the Samsung Device.

Best regards

Attachment: Videos_SF_e20a5f57.7z

3 Replies

KK Karthikraja Kalaimani Syncfusion Team January 29, 2020 12:02 PM UTC

Hi Frank, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support, 

Regarding AllowColumnResizing is not working in Samsung Galaxy Tab T510

We have looked at your video of Samsung device and Huawei device. We found that the Samsung device is in RTL direction and Huawei device is in LTR direction. Currently, we don’t have support for ColumnResizing in RTL and we considered implementing this support and logged a feature request for the same. We will implement this feature in any of our upcoming releases.     

At the planning stage for every release cycle, we review all open features and identify features for implementation based on specific parameters including product vision, technological feasibility, and customer interest. We will let you know when this feature is implemented. We appreciate your patience until then.   

You can also communicate with us regarding the open features any time using our Feature Report page.   

Feedback link : https://www.syncfusion.com/feedback/11623/support-to-resize-a-column-in-righttoleft-mode

Regarding Sorting icon appear in left of the cell instead of right.

We have looked at your video of Samsung device and Huawei device. We found that Samsung device is in RTL direction and Huawei device is in LTR direction. If the Device is in RTL or SfDataGrid is in RTL means the sorting icon will appear on the left of the cell instead of right because that’s the behavior of SfDataGrid. 

Regards,
Karthik Raja

FE Frank Effenberger January 31, 2020 07:03 AM UTC

Thanks Karthik for your response.

You are right, RTL layout was enabled in the developer settings.

Since I do not need RTL layout I am totaly satisfied with disabled RTL layouts :-)

FP Farjana Parveen Ayubb Syncfusion Team February 3, 2020 05:50 AM UTC

Hi Frank, 

Thanks for the update. 

We are glad to know that the reported problem has been resolved at your end. Please let us know if you have any further queries on this. We are happy to help you. 

Regards, 
Farjana Parveen A 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon