We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Mouse Events for nested nodes

I have placed symbols on a diagram. Each symbol contains multiple symbols within itself (in it''s children collection using AppendChild). Now I need to respond to various mouse events for the ''bottom-most'' node. I have attempted to use the view.GetNodesAtPoint during a DragDrop event and I have also attempted to handle the Model.MouseEnter event. The problem is that only the top most symbol seems to be returned by GetNodesAtPoint and the MouseEnter event is only thrown for the top most symbol. Example: Symbol A contains Symbol 1 and 2. Symbol 1 contains Symbol x. I need to be able to identify the mouse events for Symbol x, but I only get events for Symbol A.

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 11, 2004 07:53 PM UTC

Hi Chuck, I tested this scenario using the ''DynamicSymbol'' sample that ships with Essential Diagram, and the Model.MouseEnter event is correctly generated for both the inner and outer shapes that make up the symbol used by that application. Use the ''CustomSymbol'' sample to add a handler for the Model.MouseEnter event and verify whether the event gets fired when the mouse is moved over the symbol''s inner shape. This will allow us to conform whether the problem is related to the version of Essential Diagram that you might be running. If that appears to work normally then it is possible that something is amiss in your Symbol definition. Is this a programmatically defined symbol or was it generated using the Symbol designer? If possible please try to send us a small sample that shows the condition. Thanks, Prakash Syncfusion, Inc

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon