We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Outlook Field Chooser

Microsoft Outlook provides a Field Chooser Dialog. A list of fields are presented in what seems to be a listbox. The entries are buttons that cannot be pushed. The list is searchable by the first character in the field name. It supports drag and drop also. I have tried the grids and group view controls with different settings to achieve this. Can this be done or is there and easier way with a standard listbox? Thanks

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 7, 2002 10:34 AM UTC

Doug, I don't know of a control that will do this by setting a few properties. You can come close in serveral ways, but in every case I can think of, one of the features you mentioned would require coding. For example, you could use a single cell grid with a GridListControl in the single cell, and get the type 1-letter search feature, and you could add a simple PrepareViewStyleInfo handler to get the button look, but the D&D would take some effort as the GridListControl has hot-trcking implemnted that sort of completes with D&D. Or, you could just drop a one column grid with the values just being the row headers. In this case, you could get D&D readily, and have teh button look, but you would have to implement the type 1-letter search feature as well as handling the hiding of the grid in some reasonable manner. So, to summarize, I think you could implement such as control based on Essential Grid, but it would take some coding, and probably working around some unseen problems that you might encounter as you do your implementation. -Clay

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon