We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

docx to sfdt

Hi Guys,

Your document editor is unique in the market and with a few tweaks in formatting from docx to sfdt could be perfect.

The alternatives to your solution are incredibly complex or far too expensive:
WOPI - integrating a solution with office online is incredibly complex and the expense is unknown.
Zoho documents - charges for every time a document is opened, ridiculously expensive
Collabara - Linux solution and incredibly complex.

You should really consider combining this component along with the file explorer as a base document management system.
You could clean up.
However there remain some problems on docx to sfdt losing formatting:
  1. background boxes on headings
  2. autofit columns in tables
  3. no support for "page break before"
  4. no support for "keep with next"
I have reported the former three before and the latter I have just discovered - see attached zip file.  You have done no or little work on this component for quite a while but I really do suggest you major on it because it's the only viable .NET solution out there for editing Word documents in the browser.

Well done guys, it's a long way from being perfect and was fiddly to get working but with a bit of work on that docx-sfdt formatting this could be game changer if you market it as such.

I am still working on my working solution and will continue with further threads if you don't mind but believe me when I say you have a winning solution here.  You should build a sample project with Word documents displayed in the file explorer using Blob Storage as storage for Word documents and then show how they can be edited inline with your document editor.  You are so close to a brilliant solution, keep up the good work!

Bob

BTW - My Angular solution uses Kendo Angular throughout, they are simply not as advanced as you guys.

3 Replies

HC Harini Chellappa Syncfusion Team January 20, 2020 10:48 AM UTC

Hi Bob, 

Thank you for your heartily feedback on Document Editor. 

Sure, we will consider the suggestions provided by you. 

Regarding support for "keep with next"  

Currently document editor doesn’t provide support for keep with next property of paragraph. We have logged it as feature request, and it will be included in any of our upcoming releases.  

You can also track the feature status from below link. 

Regards, 
Harini C 

BI bob ingham January 20, 2020 12:59 PM UTC

Hi Harini,

Thanks for the speedy reply.
There are at least four docx-to-sfdt issues outstanding and all of a similar nature (re-engineering of Word OpenXML):
and automatically resize to fit contents (previously reported.

Is there any chance of putting these together as a single update because of similarity and releasing at the same time?
I would gladly recommend this component to everyone if you could do that.

SM Suriya Murugan Syncfusion Team January 21, 2020 12:05 PM UTC

Hi Bob, 

We usually have an interval of at least three months between releases.For each and every release, we will prepare the feature wishlist. The feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors such as product design, code compatibility and complexity. We will consider the requested features as wishlist for our upcoming 2020 Volume 2 release. We will update our road map & the scheduled status of the feedback link once it is taken for implementation. 

Regards, 

Suriya M. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon