We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Edit Window Customization by adding controls in default template

Hello,

If there a way to add controls (e.g. dropdown list contains custom defined list) into default template of scheduler's edit window ?

Thanks
Wei

4 Replies

AK Alagumeena Kalaiselvan Syncfusion Team January 13, 2020 12:02 PM UTC

Hi Wei,  

Greetings from Syncfusion support!... 

There is no option to customize default template of scheduler's edit window. Scheduler supports to customize the entire content of editor window only. So , We suggested you to use “EditorTemplate” option to customize edit window. 
Refer below sample link for that, 
Kindly get back to us, if you need any further assistance.  

Regards 
Alagumeena.K 

WE Wei January 13, 2020 02:08 PM UTC

Thanks Alagumeena!

I tried to use EditorTemplate, and was wondering if there is an easy way to add Repeat (daily, weekly...) component in template, or I have to implement the repeat logic/layout by myself in the template.

The other related question is i tried to use OnPopupClose event (to keep windows open if server side validation fails) alone with EditorTemplate, and noticed that in OnPopupCloseHandler, if I use args.Cancel = true; edit window stays, but its body is blank. Did I miss something? Or I should do server side validation via other event handler

Thanks again
Wei

Attachment: ScheduleCourse_1a232eaa.zip

AK Alagumeena Kalaiselvan Syncfusion Team January 14, 2020 04:24 PM UTC

Hi Wei, 

Thanks for your update! 

Query 1:  How to add events repeatedly in EditorTemplate? 

The Scheduler supports to add events  in repetitive manner using “Recurrence Editor”. But , currently we are facing some complexities while editing the appointment, we will update the further details on 20th Jan, 2020. 

Query 2:  Editor window content gets empty when we set true value to the “Cancel” argument of OnPopupClose. 

We have validate the reported issue and confirmed this as defect also we have create a bug report for that which can be tracked from the below link 

We will include this fix for our upcoming Vol 4, SP 1 release which will be ready to schedule on end of Jan, 2020. We would appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards 
Alagumeena.K

AK Alagumeena Kalaiselvan Syncfusion Team January 20, 2020 12:07 PM UTC

Hi Wei, 

Thanks for your patience! 

We have prepared a sample which meets your requirement as  “How to add events repeatedly in Editor Template ”  which can be downloaded from the below link  

Right now, we are facing issue with edit/save appointments for a single occurrence in a series alone. This issue has been also related to already logged issue as “Editor window get’s empty while using OnPopupClose event” and also we update feedback for your reference 

We will resolve your reported issue and include in weekly patch release, which is planned to roll-out on end of January 2020. We will let you know the details once release will be rolled-out in our end and we would appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards 
Alagumeena.K 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon