We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Many, many things broken

Did you guys test the blazor grid at all before releasing it? 75% of the features do not work out of the box. I used the standard blazor template and then I took example code provided by you to produce a grid. Here is not what is working:

Column reordering - You can re-order columns, but only the header. The actual data does not follow the column.
Column Sorting - If I sort, the data disappears.
Column grouping - If I allow grouping and drag a column header to the top, the header turns blue and nothing happens. You are stuck in this state until you restart.

I am trying to evaluate your software and I'm sorry, if it were me, this would have been QA'd (Which obviously it wasn't, like, at all) and sent back to the DEV's immediately and probably someone would be fired. Terrible.

Please find an attached video made in Jing (swf video file) showing you all of this.

Here is my Blazor page:

@page "/counter"
@using  Syncfusion.EJ2.Blazor.Grids

<h1>Counter</h1>

<p>Current count: @currentCount</p>

<button class="btn btn-primary" @onclick="IncrementCount">Click me</button>

<EjsGrid DataSource="@Orders" AllowPaging="true" AllowSorting="true" AllowFiltering="true" AllowGrouping="true" AllowReordering="true">
    <GridPageSettings PageSize="5"></GridPageSettings>
    <GridColumns>
        <GridColumn Field=@nameof(Order.OrderID) HeaderText="Order ID" TextAlign="TextAlign.Right" Width="120"></GridColumn>
        <GridColumn Field=@nameof(Order.CustomerID) HeaderText="Customer Name" Width="150"></GridColumn>
        <GridColumn Field=@nameof(Order.OrderDate) HeaderText=" Order Date" Format="d" Type="ColumnType.Date" TextAlign="TextAlign.Right" Width="130"></GridColumn>
        <GridColumn Field=@nameof(Order.Freight) HeaderText="Freight" Format="C2" TextAlign="TextAlign.Right" Width="120"></GridColumn>
    </GridColumns>
</EjsGrid>

@code {
    public List<Order> Orders { get; set; }

protected override async Task OnInitializedAsync()
    {
        Orders = Enumerable.Range(1, 75).Select(x => new Order()
        {
            OrderID = 1000 + x,
            CustomerID = (new string[] { "ALFKI", "ANANTR", "ANTON", "BLONP", "BOLID" })[new Random().Next(5)],
            Freight = 2.1 * x,
            OrderDate = DateTime.Now.AddDays(-x),
        }).ToList();
    }

public class Order
    {
        public int? OrderID { get; set; }
        public string CustomerID { get; set; }
        public DateTime? OrderDate { get; set; }
        public double? Freight { get; set; }
    }

private int currentCount = 0;

private void IncrementCount()
    {
        currentCount++;
    }
}

Attachment: SyncfusionGrid_9ee5daab.zip

2 Replies

VN Vignesh Natarajan Syncfusion Team January 13, 2020 12:18 PM UTC

Hi Jason,  

We understand that you are facing some difficulties in our Grid. We have ensured the reported scenario using our latest version (17.4.42) scripts and Nuget package(17.4.0.42). The reported issue might occur at your end due to following details.  

1. When there is mismatch in referring the Nuget package and its corresponding script files. So kindly ensure that you have same and latest version of script and Nuget package. Also find the script files for latest version Nuget.

<link rel='nofollow' href="https://cdn.syncfusion.com/ej2/17.4.42/fabric.css" rel="stylesheet" /> 

1. Or if you are using older version of .net Core version. We have upgraded our source to .Net Core 3.1 from our 2019 Volume 4 release.

To explain more clearly, we have prepared a sample and video demonstration of the reported issues which is working perfectly at our end. Kindly download the sample and video demo from below  

After referring the above, if you are still facing the issue, kindly get back to us with issue reproducible sample.    

Regards, 
Vignesh Natarajan. 

VN Vignesh Natarajan Syncfusion Team January 13, 2020 12:19 PM UTC

Hi Edward, 

We are sorry to hear that you have had unpleasant experience and delay in getting issues fixed in our components. In 2019 Volume 4 (v17.4.0.39) release, we have made some major changes in various components so that it follows Blazor standards and improve performance by reduced usage of JS interop. And also we are having weekly patch releases to resolve issues and ensure improve usage of our components in projects without issues.  

So kindly upgrade to our latest version Nuget package and if you are facing any difficulties or queries, kindly get back to us with the details to get better from us.  

Regards, 
Vignesh Natarajan. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon