We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Prevent Losing Focus When Scrolling

Hi there,

Hopefully this should be a pretty straight forward one but for some reason I have not been able to find a solution.

I am looking to prevent my dropdowns from losing focus and closing when the user continues to scroll when the dropdownlist reaches the bottom. I am wanting it so that when the user hits the bottom of the list when scrolling with the mouse wheel, that the dropdownlist remains open.

I am using an out of the box dropdownlist but heres the code anyway:

<ej:DropDownList ID="ddTest" Width="100%" EnableFilterSearch="true" runat="server" />

Cheers,

1 Reply

SA Shameer Ali Baig Sulaiman Ali Baig Syncfusion Team January 13, 2020 09:11 AM UTC

Hi Darien, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We have looked into your query on DropDownList control. We have already addressed to achieve the same requested requirement in our component. While trying to prepare the demo sample for achieving the requirement. We figured out, that our already provided solution is not working in Chrome and Firefox browser. On analyzing about the cause of this issue, we found that Chrome has modified behavior of preventDefault() function in its latest versions.  

The below attached sample works as expected in the IE 11 and Edge browsers. 

Please, find the forum links which discuss about the issue which we face at our side. 

We raise query to chrome support regarding this issue. Meanwhile, we will check to resolve the issue at our end. We will update you further details once we get the details from chrome public forum.  

Regards, 
Shameer Ali Baig S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon