We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Large Files

Hello, I am a software developer for a CAD/CAM software company and we are currently evaluating .NET syntax editor components for our next generation software. I have been running some tests with your editor component on ascii text files that our software generates, these files can become very large, for example a multi axis surface machining operation on a complex mold can run anywhere from 10 meg to 100+megs in size. I have a test MDI program in VB.NET and placed one of your edit controls on a child form; I did not set any edit properties so I am using whatever defaults the editor sets when placed on a WinForm. After running the program I opened a 25 meg text file (a surface machining file) and loaded it into the editor, the file loaded quickly (in fact enormously faster than one of your competitors edit controls) but I did run into an issue, once the child form displayed with the file loaded in the editor the form was unresponsive, I could not move it or scroll the edit control or do anything. Are there any properties or settings that I should enable prior to or after loading such a large file to increase loading and help usabilty? FYI, my development PC is running XP Pro VS.NET 2003 Pro P4 1.2 with 512 ram. Thank you in advance for your help, Regards, Mick George Software Engineer, CNC Software, Inc. www.mastercam.com

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 10, 2004 08:51 PM UTC

Hi Mick, Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion. This issue has come up a few times and as per previous postings in the forums, we are currently working on Essential Edit and this issue has been given a lot of importance. You will be seeing a tremndous improvement in this area and I will contact you as soon as more information becomes available. Do not hesitate to email us at salessupport@syncfusion.com if you have any further questions. We appreciate your continued interest in Syncfusion. Regards Arun

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 17, 2004 11:47 AM UTC

Hello Arun, Just wondering if there is any news on the performance issues with large files. Thanks, -Rich

MG Mick George March 30, 2007 05:25 PM UTC

It has been a couple of years since we evaluated this product and I was curious to know if the speed issues with very large files that we were experiencing a couple of years ago still remain today or has performance increased substantially?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 2, 2007 07:40 PM UTC

Hi Mick,

The performance of Essential Edit has increased substantially. It is possible to reduce the time for loading large files by setting ConvertOnLoad property to false and ParsingMode property to PartialParsingNoFallback.

Please let me know if this meets your requirements.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Ebenezer.P

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon