We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Make node information editable within a Drag and Drop Treeview

I am looking into various options for treeview type controls and wanted to know if there were a way to make some of the information in the treeview nodes editable. I set up a quick demo based on the drag and drop demo available.

I seem to be able to add various input types, but the cursor is always a pointer and it will not allow me to edit the data. Is there a way to allow the cursor to be a pointer for the drag and drop capability everywhere except over an input? Is there some other way to handle this approach?

Thank you in advance!  

Attachment: wbic1s.run_5503c917.zip

1 Reply

KR Keerthana Rajendran Syncfusion Team December 17, 2019 07:04 AM UTC

Hi Christine, 

Greetings from Syncfusion support. 

We have checked your reported query “edit the TreeView node”. In TreeView component, we have provided an allowEditing API for node editing . While double clicking the TreeView node, you can able to edit the TreeView text. Also, we have a beginEdit() method, it helps you to edit the particular node by passing the ID. 

For your reference, we have prepared a simple sample for node editing. Refer the sample link below. 

To know more about the TreeView component, Refer the below links. 

Please let us know, if you need further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Keerthana. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon