We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

What happened to Syncfusion.Tools.MVVM.WPF?

On Nuget the version 17 has been unlisted.
i still need to use16.4.0.52 downloaded from Synfusion Nuget.
thanks,
Helmut

8 Replies

VR Vijayalakshmi Roopkumar Syncfusion Team December 16, 2019 01:06 PM UTC

Hi Helmut, 

Thank you for using our Syncfusion Products. 

Query #1: What happened to Syncfusion.Tools.MVVM.WPF? 

Currently we have removed the Syncfusion.Tools.MVVM.WPF nuget from the Nuget.org. However could you please confirm us whether you are using this assembly in your application as a dependencies of other assemblies or else whether you are trying to use any of the mvvm Commands of our syncfusion controls. It would be very helpful for us to provide you the details upon on this further. 

Query #2:  i still need to use16.4.0.52 downloaded from Synfusion Nuget. 

We have published the Syncfusion.Tools.MVVM.WPF NuGet in v16.4.0.52. 

Regards 
Vijayalakshmi V.R. 

HW Helmut Wahrmann December 16, 2019 04:10 PM UTC

Please refer to your documentation at https://help.syncfusion.com/wpf/pattern-and-practices.
In my project i need it to invoke a Command, when an item has been selected in a treeviewadv:

syncfusion:TreeViewAdvSelectedItemChangedCommand.Command="{Binding  SelectedItemChangedCommand}"

As per your documentation it might be needed for other occasions as well.

I know that version v16.4.0.52 has been published on nuget. This is what i am using. I was just wondering while there is no v17 of it, if other packages are updated to v17.
And there was a v17 on nuget, which got unlisted.

thanks,

Helmut

VR Vijayalakshmi Roopkumar Syncfusion Team December 18, 2019 03:27 AM UTC

Hi Helmut,

Thank you for your update.

Query : I know that version v16.4.0.52 has been published on nuget. This is what i am using. I was just wondering while there is no v17 of it, if other packages are updated to v17.
And there was a v17 on nuget, which got unlisted.

We have removed this Syncfusion.Tools.MVVM.WPF assembly due to the less usage . So only in 17v nuget, you could not found this packages.

Query : n my project i need it to invoke a Command, when an item has been selected in a treeviewadv:syncfusion:TreeViewAdvSelectedItemChangedCommand.Command="{Binding SelectedItemChangedCommand}"

You can acheive the binding of Command for SelectedItemChanged event of TreeViewAdv using prism commands. We are currently preparing the solution and update you the details by 19th Dec 2019.

Please let us know if you have any other concerns on this.

Regards
Vijayalakshmi V.R.

SM Suriyaprabha Murugabaskaran Syncfusion Team December 20, 2019 01:55 PM UTC

Hi Helmut, 

Thanks for your patience. 

We have checked your query and understood that you want to bound the command of TreeViewAdv using MVVM pattern. In order to invoke a command, you can use MVVM approach by binding the SelectedItemChanged event of TreeViewAdv with EventToCommand class. This will be fired when the item got selected . We suggested you to use this commands instead of using above Control MVVM commands. We have also attached a sample for your reference and it can be downloaded from following location: 

Please revert us if you have any other concerns. 

Regards, 
Suriyaprabha M. 

HW Helmut Wahrmann December 20, 2019 05:36 PM UTC

Hi Suriyaprabha,

thanks for your reply.
Your method introduces code-behind.

i am using a EventTrigger now and invoke a command via prism:

<i:EventTrigger EventName="SelectedItemChanged">
          <prism:InvokeCommandAction Command="{Binding SelectedItemChangedCommand}" />
        </i:EventTrigger>

and in the command in my ViewModel, i can access "NewValue" of "RoutedPropertyChangedEventArgs"

that works ok for me.

thanks,

Helmut

VR Vijayalakshmi Roopkumar Syncfusion Team December 23, 2019 10:30 AM UTC

Hi Helmet,

Thank you for your update.

We are glad that reported requirement has been accomplished at your end.

Please let us know if you have any other concerns on this.

Regards,

Vijayalakshmi V.R.

SI Stephanie Inderst October 6, 2021 09:12 AM UTC

Hi,

I have found the attached sample here: 

https://www.syncfusion.com/forums/108788/treeviewadv-windows-explorer-demo-select-item

Now I need the NuGet package Syncfusion.Tools.MVVM.WPF as stated here:

https://help.syncfusion.com/wpf/pattern-and-practices

The article was last updated on 28 May 2021, so there should be the NuGet package for version 19.3.0.44???

Please advise how to change the attached sample to get it working so I can have a look after the windows explorer I need.

Thank you.

Regards,

Stephanie

Attachment: CS_cb7276db_575c4b0f.zip

EM Elakkiya Muthukumarasamy Syncfusion Team October 7, 2021 01:56 PM UTC

Hi Helmet, 

Thanks for your update. 

As per our previous update we have removed the Syncfusion.Tools.MVVM.WPF nuget from the Nuget.org. So, we have modified the sample as use MVVM approach by binding the SelectedItemChanged event of TreeViewAdv with EventToCommand class instead of invoking a command. The event will be fired when the item got selected. 

Please try it with the provided solution and let us know if you need any further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Elakkiya 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon