We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Demo sample to convert the HTML to PDF format using Syncfusion Xamarin PDF

Hi Team,

I have a requirement to convert the HTML which contains real time data's example text, table, image formats etc into PDF format. I referred the following thread but it has two different KB links and different samples are provided in it and i get confused on that how to use this.

Am new to Syncfusion.Xamarin.PDF control. So, Can you please provide me one simple demo sample to understand how it works?

I think it will be more useful for others who are looking the same from application development engineers as like me.

Please note share the sample in Xamarin Forms.

Please do the needful asap. Request you to please don't update temp updates. 

Regards,
Dinesh Babu Yadav

3 Replies

DI Dinesh December 12, 2019 09:53 AM UTC

Anyone from Syncfusion? please reply. 

DI Dinesh replied to Dinesh December 12, 2019 01:51 PM UTC

Hi Team,

I have a requirement to convert the HTML which contains real time data's example text, table, image formats etc into PDF format. I referred the following thread but it has two different KB links and different samples are provided in it and i get confused on that how to use this.

Am new to Syncfusion.Xamarin.PDF control. So, Can you please provide me one simple demo sample to understand how it works?

I think it will be more useful for others who are looking the same from application development engineers as like me.

Please note share the sample in Xamarin Forms.

Please do the needful asap. Request you to please don't update temp updates. 

Regards,
Dinesh Babu Yadav

Its more than 1 day. please reply 

GK Gowthamraj Kumar Syncfusion Team December 12, 2019 05:18 PM UTC

Hi Dinesh, 

Thank you for using Syncfusion products. 

Currently, we do not have native support for converting HTML to PDF in Xamarin. As a workaround, we can achieve this requirement by using web service. You can use it only by creating the web service of your own. Web service will be created in .NET Framework and the endpoints will be used for the conversion in Xamarin application. We have shared the samples for your reference. Kindly try the sample in your end and let us know if it is suites your requirement. 

Please refer the below steps: 
1)          Create a Web service, and include all the HTML to PDF conversion part with in the service.  
2)          Host the Web service in local machine or remote.  
3)          Create new Xamarin project, and add the service reference of web.  
4)          Provide the input URL through the service and the PDF can be get as string. 

Below are the samples of the Web service and Xamarin for converting HTML to PDF using WebKit rendering engine. 

Please refer the below KB article for converting HTML to PDF in Xamarin using Web Service.  

Note : Please make sure the hosted service is reachable from the device, otherwise it will throw  ”Connection refused” error. 

Please let us know if you need any further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Gowthamraj K 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon