We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Excel Export is not working for TreeGrid

Hi, 
I am using Syncfusion TreeGrid (ej.treegrid.TreeGrid) with excel functionality. The Excel export functionality is not working now. 
There's no error in the UI, in the console I get the following error.

e2j.min.js:10 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: this.sharedString[n].startsWith is not a function
    at e.saveSharedString (e2j.min.js:10)
    at e.saveInternal (e2j.min.js:10)
    at e.save (e2j.min.js:10)
    at e2j.min.js:10

It was working previously.

5 Replies

FS Farveen Sulthana Thameeztheen Basha Syncfusion Team December 11, 2019 03:08 PM UTC

Hi SarathKumar, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support. 

We have checked your reported problem by preparing sample but we are unable to reproduce the issue at our end. Refer to the sample Link:- 

We need some more additional details to find the cause of the issue. Share us the following details. 

1. Complete TreeGrid code example.
  2. Exact scenario you have faced the issue.
  3. If possible replicate the issue in the above sample and revert us back.
  4. Share us the replication procedure of the issue.
  5. Product version details. From which version you have faced this issue.

Regards, 
Farveen sulthana T 

SK Sarathkumar, K (K.) December 12, 2019 10:46 AM UTC

Hi Farveen,

Please find my response below:

It is working with e2j.min.js version 17.1.49 in my system &  NOT working with e2j.min.js version 17.2.47. 

In the following sample, the version is 17.3.30, & it is working, but I am not sure how to switch to  17.2.47 so I can try to reproduce the issue.

Regards,
Sarath

FS Farveen Sulthana Thameeztheen Basha Syncfusion Team December 13, 2019 12:03 PM UTC

Hi SarathKumar,  

Thanks for your update. 

We have created sample in version 17.2.47 but we are unable to reproduce the reported problem at our end. Please refer to the sample with version 17.2.47. 

Refer to the sample Link:- 

We need some more additional details to find the cause of the issue. Share us the following details. 

1. Exact scenario you have faced the issue. (Perform Exporting after any specific actions).
  2. If possible replicate the issue in the above sample and revert us back.

Regards, 
Farveen sulthana T 

SH shivkumar December 30, 2019 08:01 AM UTC

Excel Export is not working for TreeGrid

Client export
The exported data are created on client and saved as xlsx or csv file directly to disk.
Or the data can be sent to server for validation and returned back to client. In IE9 and older it is the only way.
It is done by TreeGrid and does not need too much to set it up.

Server export
To server is sent only configuration in XML or JSON and server generated the data and sends them back to client.
It is done by custom server script that must be written by developers using TreeGrid.
There can be used also TreeGrid.dll/so as support library to generate the exported data on server side.
Server export is often required for server paging and server child paging to avoid loading all data to client. 
To know more about java modules or Javascript programming you can take some online help. 

FS Farveen Sulthana Thameeztheen Basha Syncfusion Team December 31, 2019 09:25 AM UTC

Hi Shivkumar, 

Thanks for your update. Please let us know if you have any further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Farveen sulthana T 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon