We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

IOS Crashes

Hello,

I stucked for 2 days trying to find a solustion with no hope,

i just got that error when i try to build my xamarin forms app for ios iphone 7 device

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error Can't resolve the reference 'System.Drawing.RectangleF System.Drawing.RectangleF::Empty', referenced from the method 'UIKit.UITextField Xamarin.Forms.Platform.iOS.EntryRenderer::CreateNativeControl()' in 'System.Drawing.Common, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51'. MLKApp.iOS

please i need help i dont know if this error from control or what ,, everything was working as expected before and that happend suddenly 

7 Replies

RA Rachel A Syncfusion Team December 9, 2019 08:51 AM UTC

Hi Mohamed, 

Greetings from Syncfusion. 

As mentioned in the forum, can you give a try on the below suggestion. 

Also, from the given error details we suspect you are using System.drawing.rectangleF . As mentioned in the below forum link, can you use CoreGraphics.CGRect which is used in Unified API for iOS platform. 

Thanks, 
Rachel. 

MO mohamed December 9, 2019 02:04 PM UTC

Hello again,

I figure out that after upgrading to Xamarin.Forms Latest Version 4.3.0.991221 the error came out and after downgrading it works well i dont know if it a bug or not ,
 but i need to use Xamarin.Forms Latest Version 4.3.0.991221 to start using syncfusion:SfAccordion control, is there is anyway to solve that ?

RA Rachel A Syncfusion Team December 10, 2019 09:55 AM UTC

Hi Mohamed, 

We ask you to confirm whether you have tried the solution that we have already provided. So, further investigation will be helpful. 

Thanks, 
Rachel. 

MO mohamed December 10, 2019 10:55 AM UTC

Hello,

I tried to flow the links you sent before but nothing worked for me but the latest version of the Xamarin.forms 4.3.0.991221, and i am not using System.Drawing.RectangleF in my code so i couldnt change it to CoreGraphics.CGRect , but the workaround i did was i knew which file making the problem and it was Xamarin.Forms.Platform.iOS.dll
Location : C:\Users\UserName\.nuget\packages\xamarin.forms\4.3.0.991221\lib\Xamarin.iOS10\Xamarin.Forms.Platform.iOS.dll and i changed this file with the older version 4.3.0.991211 and it continued without getting the error but still cannot use SfAccordion it shows up in the page and filled with list data but not expandable.

I hope my explaination was clear, thanks.

GP Gnana Priya Namasivayam Syncfusion Team December 12, 2019 09:36 AM UTC

Hi  Mohammed, 

We would like to inform that we could able to reproduce the reported issue in 4.3.0.991221 and its is framework issue which now works fine in latest Xamarin Forms version 4.4.0.991265. We have attached the tested sample for your reference, please find the sample from below. 

Kindly check and update us whether reported issue have been resolved in your application. 

Regards, 
Gnana Priya N 

MO mohamed December 12, 2019 11:52 AM UTC

Hello,

Thanks alot i upgraded to the Xamarin.forms 4.4.0.991265 Latest version as you suggested and everything worked as expected ,thanks.

GP Gnana Priya Namasivayam Syncfusion Team December 13, 2019 05:43 AM UTC

Hi Mohammed, 

Thanks for the update. 

We are glad that reported issue has been resolved. Please let us know if need any further assistance from our side. 

Regards, 
Gnana Priya N 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon