We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

detect position of bk or paragraph

hi,
how can i detect if my bookmark or paragraph is in the first page of my document.
it is possible ? 
if no : can i have a proposition to know the position of my element ( is in the first page or other )

regards

1 Reply

SB Suriya Balamurugan Syncfusion Team December 9, 2019 11:07 AM UTC

Hi AtliDev,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

The Word document is a flow document in which contents will not be preserved page by page; instead the contents will be preserved sequentially section by section. Each section may extend to various pages based on its contents like table, text, images etc.

Word viewer/editor renders the contents of the Word document page by page dynamically when opened for viewing or editing and this page wise rendered information will not be preserved in the document level as per the Word file format specification.

Whereas Essential DocIO is a non-UI component that provides a full-fledged document object model to manipulate the Word document contents. Hence currently it is not feasible to detect the bookmark or paragraph is in first page of Word document using DocIO.

We have prepared the sample application to find the number of position(index) of the particular paragraph in the Word document and it can be downloaded from the below link:
https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/149712/ze/CreateWordSample-941299174

Note: Please find the template Word document in “Data” folder of above sample application.

In the above sample, we have done the following things:
  1. Loads the template Word document.
  2. Finds particular text in paragraph in which you want to get the index of paragraph.
  3. Gets the index of the found text paragraph.
  4. Similarly finds the particular bookmark
  5. Gets the index of the bookmark paragraph.
  6. Saves the Word document.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

>>>>>>>>>>>

Regards,
Suriya Balamurugan.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon