We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Can I add a client-side validation on a form with Syncfusion components?

Hi, I'm creating a form in a dialog box with some fields that use Syncfusion components - like DropDownList and DateTimePicker. I need to add validation on the client side before sending to the server. Try using FormValidator but it doesn't work for me. What should I do to do the validation? I hope you can help me. I thank you in advance

Attachment: Question_d3519b25.rar

3 Replies

SP Sureshkumar P Syncfusion Team December 5, 2019 06:35 AM UTC

Hi Juan, 

Greetings from Syncfusion support. 

Yes, we can validate client side using formvalidator. Kindly refer the below code example  

@Html.EJS().Dialog("dialog").Header("Form Validation").IsModal(true).Width("700px").ContentTemplate(@<div> 
            @using (Ajax.BeginForm("NuevoConsumible", "Preventivo", 
                        new AjaxOptions { HttpMethod = "Post", OnSuccess = "ConsumibleComplete", OnFailure = "ConsumibleFail", UpdateTargetId = "Nuevo" }, 
                        new { id = "FormContents" })) 
            {<div> 
                    <div class="form-group"> 
                        @Html.LabelFor(model => model.dropdownValue, "Suministro") 
                        @(Html.EJS().DropDownListFor(model => model.dropdownValue) 
                            .DataSource(dataManager => dataManager.Url(Url.Action("DataCatConsumible", "Preventivo", new { area = "Mantenimiento" }, Request.Url.Scheme)) 
                                .Adaptor("UrlAdaptor").CrossDomain(true)) 
                            .Fields(new Syncfusion.EJ2.DropDowns.DropDownListFieldSettings 
                            { 
                                Text = "Text", 
                                Value = "Value" 
                            }) 
                            .Placeholder("Seleccione") 
                            .PopupHeight("200px") 
                            .Width("250px") 
                            .Render() 
                        ) 
                    </div> 
                    <div class="form-group"> 
                        @*@Html.LabelFor(m => m.Cantidad, "Cantidad")*@ 
                        @*@Html.TextBoxFor(m => m.Cantidad, String.Format("{0:0.00}",Model.Cantidad), new { @class="form-control", @type = "number" })*@ 
                        <input type="number" step="0.01" name="Cantidad" id="Cantidad" class="form-control" data-msg-containerid="inputError" required /> 
                        <div id="inputError"></div> 
                    </div> 

<div class="form-group"> 
                        <div> 
                            @Html.LabelFor(model => model.rangevalue, "Fecha Entrega") 
                            @Html.EJS().DateTimePickerFor(model => model.rangevalue).Format("dd-MMMM-yyyy hh:mm a").Render() 

</div> 
                    </div> 
                </div> 
                <div class="form-actions"> 
                    <div class="row"> 
                        <div class="col-md-12"> 
                            <button class="btn btn-default" type='button' id="btnCancel" onclick="CerrarForma()"> 
                                Cerrar 
                            </button> 
                            <button class="btn btn-primary" type="submit" id="btnSave"> 
                                <i class="glyphicon glyphicon-save"></i> 
                                Guardar Cambios 
                            </button> 
                        </div> 
                    </div> 
                </div> 
            } 
        </div>).Render() 

We have modified your shared code and created sample based on your requirement (with dialog component). kindly refer the sample here: https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/149666/ze/DateRangePicker2052245572  

Regards, 
Sureshkumar P 

JC Juan Cruz December 5, 2019 06:11 PM UTC

I have seen the example they gave and it works. Will it work if you had the html markup of the form in a partial view and that it fills the contents of the dialog box through an ajax request? Will the validation still work?

SP Sureshkumar P Syncfusion Team December 6, 2019 11:36 AM UTC

Hi Juan, 

Yes, we can validate the form element through partial view inside the dialog component. Kindly refer the below code block. 

btnEle.onclick = function () { 
        // load the partial view content to dialog while open the dialog element. 
        $.ajax({ 
            type: "POST", 
            url: "/Home/_PartialView", 
            success: function (response) { 
                document.getElementById('partialTarget').innerHTML = response; 
                eval(document.getElementById('partialTarget').querySelector('script').innerHTML); 
                var options = { 
            rules: { 
                //must specify the name attribute value in rules section 
                'dropdownValue': { required: true }, 
                'Cantidad': { required: true }, 
                'rangevalue': { required: true } 
            }, 
            customPlacement: (inputElement, errorElement) => { 
                inputElement.parentElement.parentElement.appendChild(errorElement); 
            } 
        }; 
        var formObject = new ej.inputs.FormValidator('#FormContents', options); 
        formObject.validate(); 
            } 
        }) 
        dialogObj.show(); 

}; 

We have modified the sample based on your requirement. please find the sample here: https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/149666/ze/DateRangePicker1636733167  

Regards, 
Sureshkumar P 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon