We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Sheet to pdf size

Hi,

I need export to pdf an excel sheet.

If I save the sheet excel in pdf with microsoft excel, the pdf is correct, but when I uso XLSIO the pdf result has bad borders or alignment, and I don't know how solve it.

I attach a excel file example and my pdf result. The sheet that I need export to pdf is the last, the sheet with name "Imprimir"

Thanks

Attachment: files_2c1c5595.zip

18 Replies

KK Konduru Keerthi Konduru Ravichandra Raju Syncfusion Team December 4, 2019 03:07 PM UTC

Hi Manalo, 

Greetings from Syncfusion. 

We are able to reproduce the reported issue and validating it currently. We will update further details on 6th December 2019. 

Regards, 
Keerthi. 

MC Manolo Capdevila December 4, 2019 03:09 PM UTC

Thanks

KK Konduru Keerthi Konduru Ravichandra Raju Syncfusion Team December 6, 2019 03:26 PM UTC

Hi Manalo, 

Thanks for your patience. 

We have confirmed the issue Font scaling is incorrect in Excel to PDF conversion and logged a defect report. We will provide the patch for this issue on 20th December 2019. You can track the status of defect report through following link. 

Regards, 
Keerthi. 

KK Konduru Keerthi Konduru Ravichandra Raju Syncfusion Team December 20, 2019 12:14 PM UTC

Hi Manalo, 

We have fixed the issue Font scaling is incorrect in Excel to PDF conversion and generated patch in the version v17.3.0.26. The patch with fix to resolve the reported issue can be downloaded from the following link. 

Recommended approach - exe will perform automatic configuration       

Please find the patch setup from below location: 

Advanced approach – use only if you have specific needs and can directly replace existing assemblies for your build environment       

Please find the patch assemblies alone from below location:       

Assembly Version: 17.3.0.26 

Installation Directions :        
This patch should replace the files “Syncfusion.XlsIO.Portable.dll” under the following folder.       
$system drive:\ Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\$Version # \precompiledassemblies\$Version#\4.6       
Eg : $system drive:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\17.3.0.26\precompiledassemblies\17.3.0.26\4.6    

To automatically run the Assembly Manager, please check the Run assembly manager checkbox option while installing the patch. If this option is unchecked, the patch will replace the assemblies in precompiled assemblies’ folder only. Then, you will have to manually copy and paste them to the preferred location or you will have to run the Syncfusion Assembly Manager application (available from the Syncfusion Dashboard, installed as a shortcut in the Application menu) to re-install assemblies.       

Note :        
You can change how you receive bug fixes by navigating to the following link and updating your preferences.        

Disclaimer :   
Please note that we have created this patch for version 17.3.0.26 specifically to resolve the issues reported in forum 149617.      

If you have received other patches for the same version for other products, please apply all patches in the order received.       

This fix will be included in our release version 17.4-SP1 which will be rolled out by end of January 2020.  

Regards,     
Keerthi. 

MC Manolo Capdevila December 23, 2019 07:55 AM UTC

Hi,

Can do you patch the 17.4.0.39 version?

The 17.3.0.26 has an error that its solved in posterior versions

Thanks

KK Konduru Keerthi Konduru Ravichandra Raju Syncfusion Team December 24, 2019 11:32 AM UTC

Hi Manalo, 

We have generated patch in the version v17.4.0.39, as requested and the same can be downloaded from the following link. 

Advanced approach – use only if you have specific needs and can directly replace existing assemblies for your build environment       

Assembly Version: 17.4.0.39 

This patch should replace the files “Syncfusion.XlsIO.Portable.dll” under the following folder.       
$system drive:\ Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\$Version # \precompiledassemblies\$Version#\4.6       
Eg : $system drive:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\17.4.0.39\precompiledassemblies\17.4.0.39\4.6    

To automatically run the Assembly Manager, please check the Run assembly manager checkbox option while installing the patch. If this option is unchecked, the patch will replace the assemblies in precompiled assemblies’ folder only. Then, you will have to manually copy and paste them to the preferred location or you will have to run the Syncfusion Assembly Manager application (available from the Syncfusion Dashboard, installed as a shortcut in the Application menu) to re-install assemblies.       

Note :        
You can change how you receive bug fixes by navigating to the following link and updating your preferences.        

Disclaimer :   
Please note that we have created this patch for version 17.4.0.39 specifically to resolve the issues reported in forum 149617.      

If you have received other patches for the same version for other products, please apply all patches in the order received.       

This fix will be included in our release version 17.4-SP1 which will be rolled out by end of January 2020.  

Regards,     
Keerthi. 

MC Manolo Capdevila December 27, 2019 12:17 PM UTC

It works fine

Thanks a lot

AV Abirami Varadharajan Syncfusion Team December 30, 2019 05:48 AM UTC

Hi Manalo, 

Thank you for updating us. 

We are glad that the issue is resolved at your end. Please let us know if you need further assistance. 

Regards, 
Abirami 

MC Manolo Capdevila January 9, 2020 02:53 PM UTC

Hi again ,

I've an excel, and I need export a sheet to pdf.

First, I need set values in first sheet and print the last sheet with calculations.

I detect some problems
  1. Chart is not refresh when pdf exports
  2. Dynamic images are not loaded
  3. Some text has not the same alignment
I attach an example. I load the template xlsx, after I set a new values, and I export the sheet "Imprimir" to pdf. Also I save the modiefied xlsx

Attachment: XlsIOExportPDFProblem_b37ebd20.zip

KK Konduru Keerthi Konduru Ravichandra Raju Syncfusion Team January 10, 2020 03:15 PM UTC

Hi Manolo, 

We are able to reproduce the reported issues at our end. Please find the details below. 

Query 
Response 
Chart is not refresh when pdf exports 
We suggest you to add the following code snippet after accessing the Imprimir worksheet, to get the chart updated in converted PDF document. 

Code Snippet: 

IWorksheet worksheet = workbook.Worksheets["Imprimir"]; 

(worksheet as WorksheetImpl).Calculate(); 
foreach (IChartShape chart in worksheet.Charts) 
{ 
    (chart.DataRange.Worksheet as WorksheetImpl).Calculate(); 
} 

XlsIORenderer renderer = new XlsIORenderer(); 

Dynamic images are not loaded 
Currently we are validating these issues and will update the validation details on 14th January 2020. 
Some text has not the same alignment 

Regards, 
Keerthi. 

KK Konduru Keerthi Konduru Ravichandra Raju Syncfusion Team January 14, 2020 12:21 PM UTC

Hi Manolo, 

Please find the response for the queries below. 

Query 
Response 
Some text has not the same alignment  
We have confirmed the issue Chart data label alignment is preserved improperly in Excel to PDF conversion and logged a defect report. We will provide the fix for this issue on 28th January 2020. You can track the status of defect report through the following feedback link. 

Dynamic images are not loaded  
The images which are missing in the PDF document are EMF images and we do not have PDF conversion support for EMF images in .Net Standard. Also we do not have any immediate plans to implement this feature.  

Hence we suggest you to use PNG images in the document to get the PDF document as expected. We have modified the Excel document which your have shared us, for your reference and the same can be downloaded from the following link. 

Regards, 
Keerthi. 

MC Manolo Capdevila January 14, 2020 03:33 PM UTC

Hi,

Respect "Dynamic images are not loaded":

1. I add this code for test image format, and all images are png

IWorksheet sheetImagenes = workbook.Worksheets["Imagenes"];
                foreach(IPictureShape picture in sheetImagenes.Pictures)
                {
                    var tmp = picture.Picture;
                    if (tmp.Format != Syncfusion.Drawing.ImageFormat.Png )
                    {
                        int a = 0;
                    }
                    int b = 0;

}

2. I can't open your template file. I get an error

So, I don't know that I need to do for solve this problem

Thanks

AV Abirami Varadharajan Syncfusion Team January 15, 2020 05:57 AM UTC

Hi Manolo, 

Please find the details for your queries below. 

Queries 
Details 
1. I add this code for test image format, and all images are png 

IWorksheet sheetImagenes = workbook.Worksheets["Imagenes"]; 

The emf images exists in worksheet ‘Imprimir’, and hence all the images format is png in your case. If you check in worksheet ‘Imprimir’ you will find EMF images. 
2. I can't open your template file. I get an error 
Sorry for the inconvenience. Please find the updated proper Excel file below. 

Regards, 
Abirami 

MC Manolo Capdevila January 15, 2020 04:54 PM UTC

Hi,

Thanks, the excel works fine now.

But one doubt... What do you do in the excel?

All images in "Images" sheet are png, and the images in "Imprimir" sheet are the images of Images sheet linked....

Thanks again

KK Konduru Keerthi Konduru Ravichandra Raju Syncfusion Team January 17, 2020 11:35 AM UTC

Hi Manolo, 

Thanks for the update. 

We have found that the images in “Imprimir” worksheet are EMF images. We suspect that you have used CameraTool feature to link the images in “Imagenes” worksheet into “Imprimir” worksheet. So the images are saved as EMF images in the “Imprimir” worksheet. 

As the EMF images are not support in Excel to PDF conversion, we have resaved the EMF images as PNG images and shared the Excel document for your convenience. 

Regards, 
Keerthi. 

MC Manolo Capdevila January 22, 2020 04:15 PM UTC

Hi again,

Is possible in future add emf conversion?

I've developer pack licence, so, How can I request this feature?

Now I'm using interop lib for this development (I hate it)

Thanks

KK Konduru Keerthi Konduru Ravichandra Raju Syncfusion Team January 23, 2020 12:18 PM UTC

Hi Manalo, 

We have already logged a feature request for “EMF to PDF conversion in ASP.NET Core platform”. We usually have an interval set of lease three months between releases and at the planning stage for every release cycle, we review all open features. But at present we do not have any immediate plan to implement this and this will include in any of our release.   

The status of implementation can be tracked through our Feature Management System:  

Regards, 
Keerthi. 

KK Konduru Keerthi Konduru Ravichandra Raju Syncfusion Team January 28, 2020 12:32 PM UTC

Hi Manolo, 

We have fixed the issue, Chart data label alignment is preserved improperly in Excel to PDF conversion and generated patch in the version v17.4.0.39. The patch with fix to resolve the reported issue can be downloaded from the following link. 

Assembly Version: 17.4.0.39 

This patch should replace the files “Syncfusion.XlsIORenderer.Portable.dll” under the following folder.       
$system drive:\ Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\$Version # \precompiledassemblies\$Version#\.NETStandard 2.0        
Eg : $system drive:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\17.4.0.39\precompiledassemblies\17.4.0.39\.NETStandard 2.0  

Note :        

Disclaimer :   
Please note that we have created this patch for version 17.4.0.39 specifically to resolve the issues reported in forum 149617.      

This fix will be included in our release version 18.1 which will be rolled out by end of March 2020.  

Regards,     
Keerthi. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon