We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

SfDataGrid CellCheckBoxClick event for after the click has been processed?

I have an SfDataGrid with a CheckBoxColumn mapped to a boolean field.
When the checkbox is clicked the CellCheckBoxClick event fires before the checkbox is ticked/unticked.
I want to call a function to count how many items are ticked, but CellCheckBoxClick happens too early.
Is there an event that is fired after the checkbox itself has been updated?
Is there another event I should use?
Thanks
Leigh

9 Replies

GG Gowtham Gopalsamy Syncfusion Team December 4, 2019 11:31 AM UTC

Hi Leigh,   

Thanks for using Syncfusion controls.   

You can achieve your requirement to get the changed value in CheckBoxColumn by using View.RecordPropertyChanged  

Please find the below code snippet and sample link.  

this.sfDataGrid1.View.RecordPropertyChanged += View_RecordPropertyChanged;   

private void View_RecordPropertyChanged(object sender, PropertyChangedEventArgs e)   
{   
    var record = (sender as OrderInfo).IsClosed;   

//You can customize here.   
}   

Please let us know, if you require further assistance on this.   

Regards,   
Gowtham.   

LA Leigh Anderson December 5, 2019 10:29 AM UTC

Hi Gowtham

Thanks for the sample - I have been able to implement that in my app now.

Leigh

FP Farjana Parveen Ayubb Syncfusion Team December 6, 2019 06:50 AM UTC

Hi Leigh, 

Thanks for the update. 

We are glad to know that the reported problem has been resolved at your end. Please let us know if you have any further queries on this. We are happy to help you. 

Regards, 
Farjana Parveen A 

LA Leigh Anderson April 4, 2022 04:56 PM UTC

Hi again

2 years later and a similar issue!

I have another sfDataGrid with a GridCheckBoxSelectorColumn and AllowCheckBoxOnHeader = TRUE

If I click the checkbox in the header row it doesn't fire the SelectionChanged event even though it updates the selected items.

Is this a bug or is there another event that is fired instead?

Thanks

Leigh

VS Vijayarasan Sivanandham Syncfusion Team April 7, 2022 03:56 PM UTC

Hi Leigh Anderson,

We are able to reproduce the reported issue “SelectionChanged event does not trigger while click on HeaderCheckbox in CheckBoxSelectorColumn of SfDataGrid” from our end. Currently, we are analyzing your provided sample from our end. We will validate and update you details on or before April 11, 2022.

We appreciate your patience until then.

Regards,
Vijayarasan S

VS Vijayarasan Sivanandham Syncfusion Team April 8, 2022 06:59 AM UTC

Hi Leigh Anderson,

We have created bug report for the reported issue “SelectionChanged event does not triggered while clicking HeaderCheckbox of GridCheckBoxSelectorColumn”. We will fix this issue and include in our upcoming Weekly NuGet release scheduled for April 26, 2022.

You can track the status of this report through the following feedback link,

Feedback Link: https://www.syncfusion.com/feedback/34054/selectionchanged-event-does-not-triggered-while-clicking-headercheckbox-of

Note: The provided feedback link is private, and you need to login to view this feedback.

We appreciate your patience until then.

Regards,

Vijayarasan S

VS Vijayarasan Sivanandham Syncfusion Team April 26, 2022 02:28 PM UTC

Hi Leigh Anderson,

We regret for the inconvenience.

We are unable to include the fix for this issue in our NuGet package which is release today. We will fix this issue and include in our upcoming Weekly NuGet release scheduled for on May 03, 2022.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Regards,

Vijayarasan S

VS Vijayarasan Sivanandham Syncfusion Team May 4, 2022 02:04 PM UTC

Hi Leigh Anderson,

We deeply regret for the delay and inconvenience caused.

We are unable to include the fix for this issue in our NuGet package which is released on yesterday( May 3, 2022). We will fix this issue and include in our first NuGet release on after the Essential Studio 2022 Volume 1 SP release.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Regards,
Vijayarasan S

VS Vijayarasan Sivanandham Syncfusion Team May 17, 2022 02:04 PM UTC

Hi Leigh Anderson,

We would like to let you know that Essential Studio Weekly NuGet packages (v20.1.0.56) has been published in nuget.org with the fix for the issue “SelectionChanged event does not triggered while clicking HeaderCheckbox of GridCheckBoxSelectorColumn”. Please let us know if you have any concerns in this.

Regards,
Vijayarasan S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon