We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

DataSource isn't updated if ItemTemplate is specified.

I am facing a problem with SfComboBox and ItemTemplate. 

If SfComboBox is using an ItemTemplate update the DataSource isn't reflected on the UI. 

I used the example that was given on another thread, but it doesn't work for me because I am using an ItemTemplate for the Sf Combo Box. 

I am using this example, when using with DisplayMemberPath, it work but it doesn't work with ItemTemplate. 

2 Replies

IS Imran Shaik December 1, 2019 10:49 PM UTC

Even the DisplayMemberPath is only working if IsEditableMode = true. 

Here is what I am doing. 

<comboBox:SfComboBox DataSource="{Binding Countries, Mode=TwoWay}"
                                         Watermark="{extensions:Translate Label.Country}"
                                         AllowFiltering="True"
                                         NoResultsFoundText="Empty"
                                         SelectedItem="{Binding SelectedCountry, Mode=TwoWay}"
                                         DisplayMemberPath="Name" />

<comboBox:SfComboBox IsEnabled="{Binding States, Converter={StaticResource IsNotNullConverter}}"
                                         DataSource="{Binding States}"
                                         Watermark="{extensions:Translate Label.States}"
                                         NoResultsFoundText="Empty"
                                         IsEditableMode="True"
                                         AllowFiltering="True"
                                         SelectedItem="{Binding SelectedState, Mode=TwoWay}"
                                         DisplayMemberPath="Name" />

HM Hemalatha Marikumar Syncfusion Team December 2, 2019 10:31 AM UTC

Hi Imran Shaik,

Greetings from Syncfusion.

Query:  ItemTemplate update the DataSource isn't reflected on the UI

We would like to let you know that the reported issue is a known issue, and which occurs while using more than one SfComboBox with DataTemplate in UWP platform. We have fixed this issue internally and please find the patch from the below link

Please find the patch setup from below location:

http://syncfusion.com/Installs/support/patch/17.3.0.26/514010/F149576/SyncfusionPatch_17.3.0.26_514010_12022019034534325_F149576.exe

(OR)

Please find the patch assemblies alone from below location:

http://syncfusion.com/Installs/support/patch/17.3.0.26/514010/F149576/SyncfusionPatch_17.3.0.26_514010_12022019034534325_F149576.zip

(OR)

Please find the NuGet from below location:

http://syncfusion.com/Installs/support/patch/17.3.0.26/514010/F149576/SyncfusionNuget_17.3.0.26_514010_12022019034534325_F149576.zip

Assembly Version: 17.3.0.26

Disclaimer:

Please note that we have created this patch for version 17.3.0.26 specifically to resolve the following issue reported in this incident. If you have received other patches for the same version for other products, please apply all patches in the order received.

Note: Currently we have patch support only to the main and service pack release version, not for weekly nuget release. Then only provided a patch with 17.3.0.26 version.

To Clear the cache:

Windows  

Follow the below link to clear cache,  

https://www.syncfusion.com/kb/6987/how-to-clear-nuget-cache    

For Mac  

• ~/.local/share/NuGet/Cache  

• ~/.nuget/package  

The fix will be included in our Volume 4 2019 main release which is expected to be rolled out by Mid of December 2019.

Query 2: DisplayMemberPath is only working if IsEditableMode = true

We would like to let you know that the reason for displaying the desired view on second loaded SfComboBox is not because of enabling the IsEditableMode property even If you are setting false for IsEditableMode will also display the same. This strange behavior also occurred with the same root cause of Query 1 issue.

We suggested you to use the provided patch for this issue and let us know whether your reported issues are resolved or not.

Regards,

Hemalatha M.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon