We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Bug report with date-wise grouping

Hi,
On week view with date-wise grouping, an error throw randomly while using drag and drop.
I thought the issue came from my code, so I checked and checked again, but found nothing. Then I tried the same thing on your example page https://ej2.syncfusion.com/angular/demos/?_ga=2.90622490.1822746145.1574678119-1280694011.1574678119#/material/schedule/group-by-date
and the same error occured.

To reproduce the bug, just try to drag and drop an element sooner or later on the same day. The error occurance is kinda random but seems to always come from the same issue :
" ERROR TypeError: Cannot read property 'getFullYear' of undefined" on stackblitz and
"Cannot read property 'setHours' of undefined" directly on the page of your documentation.

I tried to track the origin of the issue with no success, but the only thing I can say so far, is that sometimes, the day value (which should be equal to the index of the day column in the view) is equal to the resource column index so => dayIndex * (n resource categories) . I don't know if my explanations are very clear. If you need more details, I can send you my logs. I doubt that this error hasn't been reported sooner, but I didn't found anything.

7 Replies

VD Vinitha Devi Murugan Syncfusion Team December 2, 2019 07:00 AM UTC

Hi Jonathan, 

Syncfusion Greetings. 

We could reproduce the reported issue and logged the below bug report and fix will be included in our upcoming Volume 4 SP release which is expected to roll out by end of December. We would appreciate your valuable patience until then. 

Regards, 
M.Vinitha devi 

JO Jonathan December 2, 2019 10:24 AM UTC

Thanks. I'll wait until then.

Regards

VD Vinitha Devi Murugan Syncfusion Team December 3, 2019 05:53 AM UTC

Hi Jonathan, 

Thanks for your update. 

We will let you know once this bug got fixed. 

Regards, 
M.Vinitha devi 

JO Jonathan February 10, 2020 02:11 PM UTC

Hi,
I don't have any news about this fix. I updated to the latest version of schedule (currently the 17.4.47) and I still have the same error.
It was supposed to be included in a december update. When will it be fixed ?

Thanks

VM Vengatesh Maniraj Syncfusion Team February 11, 2020 04:50 AM UTC

Hi Jonathan, 

Sorry for the delay. 

We have fixed the reported issue and included in our patch release version of v17.4.39. So kindly upgrade your all packages. For more reference please visit the below links, 

Kindly check the above and revert us for further assistance. 

Regards, 
Vengatesh  

JO Jonathan February 11, 2020 08:52 AM UTC

Hi,
As I said in my previous message, my packages are up to date (17.4.47) and the issue still occurs. 
Here is a sample modified from your demo to fit the configuration I use on my project (2 resources)

https://stackblitz.com/edit/angular-fih3zn

As you can see in the below screencapture, the issue is not fully fixed.

Regards,

Jonathan

VM Vengatesh Maniraj Syncfusion Team February 11, 2020 09:06 AM UTC

Hi Jonathan, 

Thanks for the update. 

We could able to reproduce the issue that you have reported. We had logged the defect report at our end and fix will be included in our JS2 weekly release on February 26, 2020. We will ensure the fix and provide further details on February 27, 2020. Kindly be patience until then.  

Please let us know for further assistance. 

Regards, 
Vengatesh 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon