We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

XLSIO capabilities question

Hello
Using Winforms XLSIO Spreadsheet component, I want to ask about the following:
1. Is it possible to insert a Windows Forms Control as a Cell Editor, Say I have a Windows Forms Control that is composed of ComboBox with Checkbox in each entry, and I want the end user to use this control in a given cell.
2. Is it possible to launch a Windows Forms dialog box when a user starts typing in a spreadsheet cell?
3. What functions are supported out of the box? (you know for example, has several built-in function to address financial functions, statistical functions, etc.), for example DGET, AVG, etc.?
Thank you,
Emmad Kareem

3 Replies

AR Arulpriya Ramalingam Syncfusion Team November 28, 2019 10:59 AM UTC

Hi Emmad Kareem, 

Thank you using syncfusion products. 

1. Is it possible to insert a Windows Forms Control as a Cell Editor, Say I have a Windows Forms Control that is composed of ComboBox with Checkbox in each entry, and I want the end user to use this control in a given cell. 
We have analyzed our source code thoroughly to achieve your requirement. However, we regret to let you know that, Spreadsheet for Winforms does not have support or extensibility to add custom combobox or control to a cells.  

We have default combobox support for DataValidation cells. We already provided a document to achieve this in our user guide. 

2. Is it possible to launch a Windows Forms dialog box when a user starts typing in a spreadsheet cell? 
CurrentCellBeginEdit event can be used to show a dialog when current cell starts editing. Please make use of below code to wire the events. 

Example code 

//Event that notifies when a cell starts editing. 
spreadsheet1.ActiveGrid.CurrentCellBeginEdit += ActiveGrid_CurrentCellBeginEdit; 

//Event customization. 
private void ActiveGrid_CurrentCellBeginEdit(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.CellGrid.Helpers.CurrentCellBeginEditEventArgs e) 
{ 
    MessageBox.Show("Content to be viewed", "Editing", MessageBoxButtons.OKCancel); 
    if(DialogResult == DialogResult.OK) 
    { 
        //Perform some action based on requirements. 
    } 
    else 
    { 
        //Perform some action based on requirements. 
    } 
} 
3. What functions are supported out of the box? (you know for example, has several built-in function to address financial functions, statistical functions, etc.), for example DGET, AVG, etc.? 
We already documented the supported formulas by FormulaEngine in our user guide. Please make use of below UG link for further details about the formulas. 

Please get back to us, if you have any other queries. 

Regards, 
Arulpriya 

EM Emmad November 28, 2019 06:31 PM UTC

This is a very good and complete answer. It is more than what I have expected!
Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards,
Emmad

AR Arulpriya Ramalingam Syncfusion Team November 29, 2019 05:12 AM UTC

Hi Emmad, 

Thank you for the update. 

We are glad that the provided solution is helpful for you. Please get back to us, if you have any other queries. 

Regards, 
Arulpriya 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon