We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

ItemHolding not firing in UWP although works in Android and iOS

Hi

I am using SfTreeView and SfListView to display some data coming from the network and I need a modality to interact with the networked environment for a specific set of data. When using SfListView I can use (and works very well) the ItemHolding event, but when using SfTreeView it works only in iOS and Android, not in UWP. I read that a similar problem was reported in the past for the SfListView but in the current versions this issue seems to be solved. Is this an issue for SfTreeView as was in the past for SfListView?

Thank you
Constantin

6 Replies

GS Gokul Saravanan Syncfusion Team November 26, 2019 12:19 PM UTC

Hi Constantin, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We have checked and we can able to replicate the reported issue “ItemHolding not firing in Xamarin.Forms UWP”. We would like to let you know that the issue only occurs when holding an item using the mouse and it works fine when holding by touch interaction. 

Can you please confirm us, you're also mentioning the same issue? so that we can proceed further?

Regards,
Gokul Saravanan.

CO Constantin November 28, 2019 04:25 PM UTC

Hello Gokul

I checked also with touch interaction and works opposite to the mouse interaction which is not working.

Yours
Constantin

GP Gnana Priya Namasivayam Syncfusion Team November 29, 2019 12:47 PM UTC

Hi Constantin, 

We have analyzed and we confirmed the reported issue “ItemHolding event is not firing in UWP” is a bug and logged a defect report for the same. We will fix this issue and include the issue fix in our upcoming Volume 4 weekly nuget release which is estimated to be available December 24, 2019. We appreciate your patience until then.  

You can track the status of this report through the following feedback link,  

Note: The provided feedback link is private, you need to login to view this feedback.  

Regards, 
Gnana Priya N 

GP Gnana Priya Namasivayam Syncfusion Team January 7, 2020 06:41 AM UTC

Hi Constantin, 

Thanks for your patience. 

We would like to inform you that reported issue was fixed and included in our weekly nuget. Now, you can achieve your requirement using HoldGesture  as “HoldWithMouse” like below. 

XAML 
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> 
<ContentPage xmlns:syncfusion="clr-namespace:Syncfusion.XForms.TreeView;    assembly=Syncfusion.SfTreeView.XForms" 
                        xmlns:windowsspecific="clr-namespace:Syncfusion.XForms. TreeView.PlatformConfiguration.WindowsSpecific; assembly=Syncfusion.SfTreeView.XForms"> 
    <syncfusion:SfTreeView x:Name="treeView" 
                           windowsspecific:TreeView.HoldGesture="Hold,HoldWithMouse"> 
    </syncfusion:SfTreeView> 
</ContentPage> 

Please let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Gnana Priya N 

CO Constantin February 12, 2020 09:29 PM UTC

Hi Gnana Priya

I tested the fix and it is working well. 
Thank you for your support
Constantin

JN Jayaleshwari N Syncfusion Team February 13, 2020 06:28 AM UTC

Hi Constantin, 

Thanks for the update.  
We are glad that the reported issue has been fixed at your end. Please let us know if you would require further assistance. 

Jayaleshwari N. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon