We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

SFListview Is IsScrollingEnabled="False" crashing on Andriod <6.1 nested SFListview

I noticed that for nested SFListview, if you set IsScrollingEnabled="False" it will crash the app when that view is loaded. I was able to replicate this issue for Andriod 6.1 and lower. It seems to be working as expected on higher versions. I currently have my SFListview nested inside a scrollview

3 Replies

JO Josh November 23, 2019 04:07 AM UTC

After playing with it a little, i was able to fix the issue by dynamically changing the property of IsScrollingEnabled with a bindable bool.. Like this:  IsScrollingEnabled="{Binding IsScrollingEnabledCustom, Source={x:Static ctrls:GlobalResources.ControlProperty}}"

Then i was able check on property change of my listview.itemsource, if count > 0 then i set IsScrollingEnabledCustom =true. The issue will only happen when listview itemsource count is 0.

I think this might be an issue for Andriod <6.1 even if the listview is not nested(i didn't test this on not nested listview but am pretty sure it will occur as well).

I know this is Low priority, but can it be fixed please?

GP Gnana Priya Namasivayam Syncfusion Team November 25, 2019 01:23 PM UTC

Hi Josh, 

Thank you for using Syncusion products. 

We are currently validating the reported query ”App crash when IsScrollingEnabled as False while initializing in all android version below 6.5” from our side. We will validate completely and provide you further details on or before November 27,2019.We will appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Gnana Priya N 

GS Gokul Saravanan Syncfusion Team November 27, 2019 12:34 PM UTC

Hi Josh, 

Thank you for your patience. 

We have checked the reported issue “Application crashed when IsScrollingEnabled is set to false, with nested listview in Android version < 6.1” and we unable to replicate the issue from our end. We have prepared based on your scenario and checked, it is working fine as expected from our end. We have attached the sample for your reference, 

We have tested with Syncfusion update version 17.3.0.28 and Xamarin.Forms version 4.3.0.991211 in the Moto E (Android version 4.4.4 - API 19)

Please check the sample and let us know if you still facing the same issue? If not, please modify the sample based on your scenario and revert us back with the Device configuration details and ListView related code files. It will be helpful for us to check on it and provide you the solution at the earliest.  

Regards 
 Gokul Saravanan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon