We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to Enable/Disable re-sign pdf after pdf has been signed with syncfusion

Hi,

I would like to know if there is an option/property that allows me to re-sign a PDF.
For example if value set to true => so I can re-sign with Adobe reader for example
If value set to false => no one can re-sign after the first signature done with syncfusion

Thanks for your help

4 Replies

SL Sowmiya Loganathan Syncfusion Team November 18, 2019 01:43 PM UTC

Hi Clement, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.  

We can achieve your requirement by using the properties “Certificated” and “DocumentPermissions” of PdfSignature.  If we set document permission as ForbidChanges and enable the Certificated property, the first signature fails if we resign the document.  

Code Snippet:  

//Creates a digital signature 
PdfSignature signature = new PdfSignature(document, page, pdfCert, "Signature"); 

//Sets signature information 
signature.Bounds = new RectangleF(bounds); 

signature.Certificated = true; 
signature.DocumentPermissions = PdfCertificationFlags.ForbidChanges; 

Output document screenshot:  

At the same time, if we choose document permission as AllowComments/AllowFormFill and enable the Certified property, the first signature is valid even if we sign another signature to the document. 

Code Snippet: 

//Creates a digital signature 
PdfSignature signature = new PdfSignature(document, page, pdfCert, "Signature"); 

//Sets signature information 
signature.Bounds = new RectangleF(bounds); 

signature.Certificated = true; 
signature.DocumentPermissions = PdfCertificationFlags.AllowFormFill | PdfCertificationFlags.AllowComments; 

Output document screenshot:  

Note: The document permissions only work when we enable the Signature.Certificated  property. 

Kindly try the above solution in your end and let us know the if it satisfies your requirement.  

Regards, 
Sowmiya Loganathan 

CG Clement GIL November 18, 2019 02:50 PM UTC

Ok thanks for you help. 
Best Regards.

Clément

TI Tim May 25, 2022 09:32 PM UTC

I am trying to do this very thing, and I am generating this exception:

System.ArgumentException
  HResult=0x80070057
  Message=The document may contain at most one author signature!
  Source=Syncfusion.Pdf.Portable
  StackTrace:
   at Syncfusion.Pdf.Security.PdfSignature.set_Certificated(Boolean value)
.....omitted

IJ Irfana Jaffer Sadhik Syncfusion Team May 26, 2022 01:30 PM UTC

Hi Tim,

We have tried to reproduce the reported issue, but it is working properly on our end. We suspect that the problem may be due to that document specific.

we request you to share the complete code snippet or modified sample, output document, issue screenshot, product version, environmental details (OS, Bit version, culture settings) to replicate the issue on our end. So that it will be helpful for us.

Regards,

Irfana J.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon