We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How can I disable a specific row and prevent clicking in Data Grid based on some condition?

I have created a data grid, there are total of three columns, firstName, lastName and age. I want to disable the specific row when the age value is less than 18. How can I achieve that? I have done some research online https://help.syncfusion.com/cr/xamarin/Syncfusion.SfDataGrid.XForms.SfDataGrid.html and I have created a method as following:

private void DataGrid_DisableSpecifcRow(object sender, CurrentCellActivatingEventArgs e)
        {

}

However, there is no example provided from that link. I am sure I need to add the event into my XAML file first but I don't know what event to be added and following is what I have so far.
<datagrid:SfDataGrid x:Name="dataGrid" Padding="0,20" GridTapped="Handle_GridTapped" HorizontalOptions="CenterAndExpand" AutoGenerateColumns="false" SelectionMode="Single" BackgroundColor="Transparent" QueryRowStyle="DataGrid_QueryRowStyle">
        datagrid:SfDataGrid>

I just don't know how to disable the specific row. Using the e, there is no option like e.RowIndex.Disable(). Thanks in advance.

3 Replies

KK Karthikraja Kalaimani Syncfusion Team November 18, 2019 12:11 PM UTC

Hi asolute dev,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.

Your requirement can be achieved by setting e.Cancel as true on CurrentCellActivating event. We have prepared a sample for the same.

Please follow the below code example,

dataGrid.CurrentCellActivating += DataGrid_CurrentCellActivating;

private
void DataGrid_CurrentCellActivating(object sender, CurrentCellActivatingEventArgs e) 
{ 
    if (e.CurrentRowColumnIndex.RowIndex == 1) 
    { 
       e.Cancel = true; 
    } 
 } 

We hope this helps, please let us know if need further assistance from us.

Regards, 
Karthik Raja 

AD asolute dev November 19, 2019 01:57 AM UTC

Hi Karthik Raja ,

Seems like the currentCellActivatingEvent is triggered after I click on the row and cause conflict between this event with the grid_tapped event. Even though the e.Cancel = true execute first, it still go to the grip_tapped event eventually. Is there any way to solve this kind of conflict?

KK Karthikraja Kalaimani Syncfusion Team November 19, 2019 05:03 PM UTC

Hi asolute dev,

Thanks for the update.

Based on underlying data your requirement can be achieved. We have prepared sample for the same. 
For non-grouping cases please follow the below code example, 
private void DataGrid_GridTapped(object sender, GridTappedEventArgs e) 
{ 
    if ((e.RowData as OrderInfo).Gender != "Female") 
    { 
        // here you can write business logic 
    } 
}

private void DataGrid_CurrentCellActivating(object sender, CurrentCellActivatingEventArgs e) 
{ 
        int rowIndex = this.dataGrid.ResolveToRecordIndex(e.CurrentRowColumnIndex.RowIndex); 
…… 
else 
            { 
                //for non grouping cases 
                var record = this.dataGrid.View.Records[rowIndex]; 
                if ((record.Data as OrderInfo).Gender == "Female") 
                { 
                    e.Cancel = true; 
                } 
            }
…..

For grouping cases please follow the below code example,

private void DataGrid_GridTapped(object sender, GridTappedEventArgs e) 
{ 
    if ((e.RowData as OrderInfo).Gender != "Female") 
    { 
        // here you can write bussiness logic 
    } 
}

private void DataGrid_CurrentCellActivating(object sender, CurrentCellActivatingEventArgs e) 
{ 
        int rowIndex = this.dataGrid.ResolveToRecordIndex(e.CurrentRowColumnIndex.RowIndex); 
if (dataGrid.GroupColumnDescriptions.Count > 0) 
            { 
                // For grouping cases  
                var record = this.dataGrid.View.TopLevelGroup.DisplayElements[rowIndex]; 
                if (record is RecordEntry) 
                { 
                    var recordEntry = record as RecordEntry; 
                    var data = recordEntry.Data; 
                    if ((data as OrderInfo).Gender == "Female") 
                    { 
                        e.Cancel = true; 
                    } 

} 
            }

}

Please let us know, if need further assistance from us.

Regards, 
Karthik Raja 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon