We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Resize RichtextEditor while resizing dialog

Hi team,

I am developing a dialog modal with a richtexteditor, both resizable. My requirement is when I resize the dialog, the richtexteditor should auto resize. I can resize the richtexteditor separately but not with dialog resize.

Note: None of the examples given in demos doesn't work in stackblitz

Thanks and Regards,
Darryl

2 Replies

PM Pandiyaraj Muniyandi Syncfusion Team November 8, 2019 11:09 AM UTC

Hi Darryl, 

Greetings from Syncfusion support. 

Query 1: I am developing a dialog modal with a richtexteditor, both resizable. My requirement is when I resize the dialog, the richtexteditor should auto resize. I can resize the richtexteditor separately but not with dialog resize 

We have validated this reported issue from our end. The RichTextEditor toolbar adjusts only for window resize as per our design. In your case window resize event won’t trigger on dialog resize action, so facing this issue. To resolve it from application end, we suggest to call refreshUI() public method of RichTextEditor on dialog resizing/resizeStop event callback as follows 

HTML: 

<ejs-dialog #Dialog [enableResize]="true" (resizeStop)='onDialogResizeStop()'> 
    <ng-template #content> 
    <ejs-richtexteditor #defaultRTE [enableResize]="true"> 
    </ejs-richtexteditor> 
    </ng-template> 
</ejs-dialog> 

TS: 

export class AppComponent { 
  @ViewChild('defaultRTE'nullpublic rteObjRichTextEditorComponent; 

onDialogResizeStop() { 
    this.rteObj.refreshUI(); 
  } 
} 

Dialog Events 

RichTextEditor Method 

We have prepared sample for your reference, get it from below link 

Query 2: None of the examples given in demos doesn't work in stackblitz 

We are facing some technical issue with stackblitz and we have reported this to stackblitz team. We will let you know, once the stackblitz team fixed their issue. 

Regards, 
Pandiyaraj 

VR Vairamuthu Ramamoorthi Syncfusion Team November 22, 2019 12:34 PM UTC

Hi Darryl, 

We have resolved the stack blitz issue and refreshed the demos in live , please refer to the below link 

Regards, 

Vairamuthu R  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon