We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Disable column edit in dialog

Hello,

I need to disable the column edit on the EDIT dialog, I managed to disable it in the cell edit with the stuff I found on into you documentation but I am not able to disable it into the dialog popup

Thank you,
Razvan

1 Reply

PP Pooja Priya Krishna Moorthy Syncfusion Team November 7, 2019 02:06 PM UTC

Hi Razvan, 
Sorry for the inconveniences caused. 
We have analyzed your query. Currently, we don’t have support to disabled columns also disable edit support in dialog popup. Hence, we have logged improvement task for this and it will be included in Volume 4, 2019 main release, it will be expected to roll out on December, 2019. You can track the status of this feature by using below feedback report link. 
As of now, you can use actionComplete event to disable the column field from editing. Else you can hide the column field in dialog popup by editDialogFields.fields property. Please find the code snippet 
var ganttChart = new ej.gantt.Gantt({ 
//..... 
      editDialogFields: [ 
            { type: 'General', headerText: 'General',fields:['TaskID', 'TaskName', 'StartDate', 'Progress']}, //.... Duration column field hidden 
             { type: 'Dependency' } 
   ], 
   actionComplete: function(args) { 
      if(args.requestType == "openEditDialog") { 
         var tasknameField = (document.getElementById("EditingTaskName")).ej2_instances[0]; 
            tasknameField.enabled = false; //.... Disabled TaskName field from editing 
      } 
   } 

We have prepared the sample with your requirements. Please find the sample from below link. 

Thanks, 
Pooja Priya K. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon