We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Parallex Scroll effect Scrollview/ListView

Am looking to implement a parallel scroll using Syncfusion Listview and Scrollview control. I also wanted to have the swipe in SFlistview. I got it all working around all OS the way i wanted it but i found out that the swipe is not working anymore because of probably nested scrollview (it was recommended against in the MS documentation in Xamarin form). 

So here is the effect am looking to get https://github.com/xamarinium/ParallaxScroll but in my case i do have a listView and a header.

I can use scrollview and some other controls to list the List (like layout e.g.) but i will not have the default swipe SFListview comes with. I can use the listview and scrollview but i will not have the swipe.

I need someone to guide me in the right direction. Does Syncfusion has another control that behaves like the listview that has the Swipe effect? Can i somehow code the swipe effect on any child control of the Scrollview and forget using the ListView?

Thanks for the urgent reply.

9 Replies

GP Gnana Priya Namasivayam Syncfusion Team November 7, 2019 01:46 PM UTC

Hi Josh,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

We would like to inform you that Syncfusion has SfParallaxView control in which you can load SfListView based on your requirement and it works fine with Swiping as expected. Please refer to the documentation link from the following,

We have prepared ParallaxView sample based on your requirement for your reference, please find it from the following link.

Along with Listview, SfDataGrid control also has swiping as you requested.

Please let us know if you have any further queries.

Regards,
Gnana Priya N

JO Josh November 11, 2019 04:45 PM UTC

Thank you so much for the prompt response. I was able to try it out and is working as expected.

One of my challenge is setting up parallex.Source dynamically and not when the page is innitialized. For example, my Mainpage.xaml loads the controls dynamically in the code behind. After it loads the control, i try to set the ListView from the control to parallex.Source but it is not updating it.

Can it done be done any differently?

GP Gnana Priya Namasivayam Syncfusion Team November 12, 2019 12:14 PM UTC

Hi Josh,

We are currently checking the reported query with the concerned team. We validate your requirement in detail and provide you further solution on November 13, 2019. We will appreciate your patience until then.

Regards,
Gnana Priya N

JO Josh November 12, 2019 08:27 PM UTC

Again, Thanks a lot for all your support. Seriously you guys rock!

GP Gnana Priya Namasivayam Syncfusion Team November 13, 2019 01:33 PM UTC

Hi Gustav,

Thanks for your patience.

We have prepared the sample by loading parallax view and listview dynamically based on your requirement. Please find the sample from below.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Regards,
Gnana Priya N

JO Josh November 13, 2019 03:25 PM UTC

Thank you for the example. This example works perfectly for someone looking for an example.

My listview control is in a different view which gets loaded automatically on a different view that has the Parallex view control but i think i have an idea of what to try.
for example the MainPage.xaml has three buttons of which all of them call a different ContentView. The MainPage.xaml has the Parallex View control in it Each contentview has a SFListView control in it and each of them gets loaded dynamically in MainPage.xaml. So the MainPage.xaml will not have any SFListview control in it. I am getting the SFListview loaded in the MainPage.xaml view but it seems like when i try to do parallexview.Source = (loaded listview) it seems to not be binding the listview.

It seems to me that for the listview to be binded to the ParallexView source, it needs to be a control in the same view.

I will try different things to see maybe if i need to change the Architecture of the page and i will report back.

Let me know if you have another idea.

Again thanks for all the help and Amazing support.

RA Rachel A Syncfusion Team November 14, 2019 10:44 AM UTC

Hi Josh, 

We have prepared sample to achieve your scenario by adding list view in content view and loading in the main page dynamically and setting it as source for parallax view. The sample can be downloaded from the below link. 

Thanks, 
Rachel. 

JO Josh November 16, 2019 07:09 AM UTC

This worked for me.

Thanks

RA Rachel A Syncfusion Team November 18, 2019 05:28 AM UTC

Hi Josh, 

We are glad to know that the solution given fulfilled the requirements. 

Thanks, 
Rachel. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon