We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Dialog Content not displaying on Initial Page load

We recently updated version 17.3.0.18-beta to fix a bug on one of our pages. However, a new bug has showed up: our dialog boxes will not show any of their content when the page loads up for the first time. Everything that's supposed be visible within the DialogTemplates tag just doesn't show up. However, strangely enough, the content will load when we refresh the page.

Here's what our component looks like:

<EjsDialog @ref="AddEditStyleModal" Width="600px" ShowCloseIcon="true" IsModal="true" @bind-Visible="AddEditStyleModalVisible">
    <DialogTemplates>
        <Header>@(WorkingStyle == null || WorkingStyle.Id == 0 ? "Create New Style" : "Edit Style")</Header>
        <Content>
            <div id="add-styles-form">
                <EjsTextBox Placeholder="Style Template Name" FloatLabelType='@FloatLabelType.Auto' @bind-Value="@WorkingStyle.Name"></EjsTextBox>
                <EjsTextBox Placeholder="CSS" FloatLabelType='@FloatLabelType.Auto' Multiline="true" @bind-Value="@WorkingStyle.Css"></EjsTextBox>
                <EjsSpinner @ref="StyleSaveSpinner" Target="#add-styles-form"></EjsSpinner>
            </div>
            @if (!string.IsNullOrEmpty(ErrorMessage))
            {
                <div class="row mb-2">
                    <div class="col-sm-12 text-right"><label class="alert-danger">An Error Occurred: @ErrorMessage</label></div>
                </div>
            }
        </Content>
    </DialogTemplates>
    <DialogButtons>
        <DialogButton ButtonModel="@SaveStyleButton" OnClick="@SaveStyle" />
    </DialogButtons>
</EjsDialog>

This used to work before we upgraded. No exceptions or anything are being thrown when this happens.

5 Replies

AJ Alex Jacobson October 31, 2019 09:56 PM UTC

Okay, I was able to fix this issue by populating my page's data via a synchronous service call as opposed to an asynchronous call (this dialog box shows up on a page where there's a list of items in a Grid). Is this an issue your team is looking at? I should think the use of async shouldn't affect whether the dialog populates.

PM Pandiyaraj Muniyandi Syncfusion Team November 1, 2019 01:33 PM UTC

Hi Alex, 

Greetings from Syncfusion support. 

We have validated the reported issue with the shared code blocks and able to reproduce from our end. We will fix and include it in upcoming patch release which is scheduled on 6th November. You can now track the current status of your request, review the proposed resolution timeline, and contact us for any further inquiries through this feedback link, https://www.syncfusion.com/feedback/9884/ 

We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Pandiyaraj 

VU Vu November 4, 2019 07:57 AM UTC

My problem is like it: Can't wait event async in  OnInitializedAsync of EjsDialog content Child Component  
I hope Syncfusion update soon.

PM Pandiyaraj Muniyandi Syncfusion Team November 4, 2019 12:00 PM UTC

Hi Nguyen

Good day to you. 

As promised in earlier update, we will fix and include in our upcoming patch release and let you know. 

Regards, 

Pandiyaraj 

PM Pandiyaraj Muniyandi Syncfusion Team November 6, 2019 05:45 AM UTC

Hi Alex/Nguyen, 

Good day to you. 

We have resolved "Content template not rendered in Dialog component" issue and included in 17.3.26-beta patch release. Kindly refer below release notes section  

We suggest you, upgrade the package into latest version to resolve the reported issue. 

Regards, 
Pandiyaraj 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon