We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

ListView Chat UI and scroll problem

Hi
I want to use ListView in Chat UI,
So I need to show item stacked from bottom, for this I rotate listview and its items by 180 degree.
it works ok, but when I scroll the list view fast, it scroll in reverse direction.
for example: I move my finger from top to bottom to scroll up but it scroll down.
I don't have any problem when scroll smoothly and the problem occur when I scroll fast. 
thank in advance.

3 Replies

SR Sangeetha Raju Syncfusion Team October 31, 2019 12:23 PM UTC

Hi Morteza, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.  

We would like to inform you that you can achieve your requirement of ListView in chat UI by scrolling to the end of the ListViewItems while loading initially. So, rotation of the items are not necessary. We have prepared a sample based on your requirement. Please find the sample from the following link. 

Can you please check with the above sample and let us know whether the provided sample meets your requirement. 

Regards, 
Sangeetha Raju. 

MO Morteza October 31, 2019 05:27 PM UTC

Thanks a lot.
It's Ok But I have some problems(if I make a mistake or if I have a better choice please let me know).
I need lazy loading with auto scroll and I couldn't implement it, by the sample
In the sample, listview is child of scrollview, and I think it disable virtualization(I'm not sure) .
is disabling virtualization  make a performance issues?

SR Sangeetha Raju Syncfusion Team November 1, 2019 12:37 PM UTC

Hi Morteza,

Thank you for the update.

Based on the provided information, we have checked the reported query “Performance issue while disabling the Virtualization“. We would like to inform you that the performance will not affect until the total extent of the ListView is set as Height for the ScrollView. So, we recommend you to revert us the issue with the exact use case or code  snippet to reproduce it which will help us to analyze your query better and provide an appropriate solution at our end. 

Please let us know if you require any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Sangeetha Raju. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon